What's new

Vienna Smart Orchestra

Christof

This might be the best attempt at realizing a "sketching tool" yet. Because it's cheap. I see "sketching" libraries from other companies that cost a ton of money, and it's ridiculous.

This one makes clever use of the technology it runs on, it's flexible, interesting, lightweight and indeed "smart".

Judging from the walkthrough and demos, it can sound quite MIDI. But it's less than 200 bucks standard price and 10GB. So yeah, a sketching tool.
Exactly, I don't think it was designed to create a cue for delivery.

EgM

Game music!
I hope they do something like this for the entire choir set. I don't need the legatos nor the elaborate articulations, they just sound awesome and I'd just need sus :)

keepitsimple

VSL keeping every one guessing what will be next, one thing for sure they don't stop working (developing) coming up with many ideas,

Very healthy.
Well Paul said at the VSL forums that one thing is for sure, which is that they are very excited about the FX presets and their possibilities inside the Synchron player. They're already talking to programmers to expand on them, add new flavors, elements, more sound sources (choirs ?) etc...

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Well Paul said at the VSL forums that one thing is for sure, which is that they are very excited about the FX presets and their possibilities inside the Synchron player. They're already talking to programmers to expand on them, add new flavors, elements, more sound sources (choirs ?) etc...
Been lurking VSL forever, and this was the proper Trigger. :thumbsup:
Downloading now instead of another promo deadline.
(FWIW) _ I'm in USA and BestService.de got his order.

Sounds like VSL is truly excited and committed to Smart Orch. It could well be the gateway product to attract many new enthusiasts.

Shubus

I'm passing on as I do not most (but not all--I have a couple) VSL products because of the copy protection scheme.

ptram

VSL should employ the 'soft e-licenser' for this product, like Cubase LE/Elements.
The soft eLicenser only allows for a single installation. Not viable for the modern times, when many of us have both a desktop and a laptop computer.

Paolo

Last edited:

keepitsimple

Been lurking VSL forever, and this was the proper Trigger. :thumbsup:
Downloading now instead of another promo deadline.
(FWIW) _ I'm in USA and BestService.de got his order.

Sounds like VSL is truly excited and committed to Smart Orch. It could well be the gateway product to attract many new enthusiasts.
Bare in mind that, even though Best Service might have the advantage in price (depending on where you are) and bitcoins credits etc, you cannot return a product unless you have a very valid reason to return it. But if you buy it from VSL webshop, you can return any product within 30 days. Trust me, i learned that the hard way...

steveo42

I picked it up from AudioDeluxe yesterday. I screwed up and didn't send my VSL email so it got delayed. Completely my fault :( A quick email to AudioDeluxe and all is well ! Great response. Can't wait to try this one out.

Last edited:

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Bare in mind that, even though Best Service might have the advantage in price (depending on where you are) and bitcoins credits etc, you cannot return a product unless you have a very valid reason to return it. But if you buy it from VSL webshop, you can return any product within 30 days. Trust me, i learned that the hard way...
THX ! Did not know these details and wondered what might be BestService variables vs VSL.
VSL prices in Euros and even knowing xchg rate, was not sure what other fees I might be charged.
Fortunately, early hours with Smart Orchestra and very pleased so far.

Regards

Wyatt

I find this very interesting as a product...I have the complete EW Hollywood series I still struggle with the set up for something quick and simple.The Vienna samples are superior imho but very pricey. I have SE 1 and will be purchasing VSO asap This will be great for some of my mini projects. I’ve been having a lot of fun re-recording Roland sample string/brass tracks on old analog projects I ve transfered to digital. This is one ole dog that has imbraced the digital world with open arms...It may be crap but I wrote it and it’s wonderful to use the original guitar vocals analog tracks with the new orchestra software. As stated this will be fun to use for a qwik refresh. By the way....Guy I’m a BIG Fan of your work

Top Bottom