What's new

Vienna Organ Player - Great Rieger Organ

Ben

VSL
Here a video about the most important new features:

And another great video by Fabio Amurri:

---

Now also available as 30 days demo until the end of this month. Make sure to check it out!

---

It's time for a dedicated, multi-timbral organ player, packed with features and based on the cutting edge technologies we developed for the established Synchron Player Software: The Great Rieger Organ!

116 stops of the Great Rieger Organ in the Vienna Konzerthaus are at your fingertips - simply click on a stop to engage it instantaneous, and create your personal organ registrations on the fly.
You will get 5 manuals which also can be controlled on one master keyboard or via separat MIDI channels: Hauptwerk, Positiv, Schwellwerk, Solowerk, and Pedalwerk.

The player incorporates features like tremulant, swell (Schwellwerk), as well as the usual mixing options and plugins you already know from the Synchron Player - all per manual!
And don't forget the crescendo feature, with up to 12 combinations!
And to make things easier, especially for organ novices, we added usefull meta-data to the GUI like color-coded sound-categories + the loudness of each stop.
It's super easy to edit each stop's volume, pan, AHDS curve, tuning, start offset, and mixer routing.

Now is the time to treat yourself with some nice/impressive/mighty/out-of-world sounding organ sounds!

Get your license for € 235 (reg. €285) here.
Already got the VI Konzerthaus Organ? Awesome, get the Great Rieger Organ for just € 75 here (make sure you are logged in)!

Want more keyed instruments? Check out our Keyboard Special sale here.

Last edited:
Fantastic organ... New dedicated Synchron organ player... I'm sold!

My way to obtain this one is to get the original VSL Konzerthaus Organ library first and then to upgrade to the Great Rieger Organ. It seems to me there's not a 100% overlap and it's only 5 Euros more.

Fantastic organ... New dedicated Synchron organ player... I'm sold!

My way to obtain this one is to get the original VSL Konzerthaus Organ library first and then to upgrade to the Great Rieger Organ. It seems to me there's not a 100% overlap and it's only 5 Euros more.
Is that possible if I own none and first buy the "old" Konzerthaus Organ and then upgrade? Would be great!

What's the difference to "Konzerthaus Organ"?

The new dedicated organ player with all its features! We worked hard on it for quite some time now.
You can engage stops on the go, and even currently held notes will start playing, just like with a real organ.

Is that possible if I own none and first buy the "old" Konzerthaus Organ and then upgrade? Would be great!
You should also be able to put both into the basket and directly see the discounted price. (make sure you are logged in)

I really like the new GUI, looks more "professional" than the normal, more colorful Synchron Player. Especially the slider, knobs and the keyswitches at the bottom. Maybe you can adapt some of it.

Interesting... never realised I needed an organ!

Could you explain the mixer positions a little?

Are the tremulant and swellbox effects, or were they actually sampled? Also, about the overall recording method: was the instrument sampled up close with the intention of relying on MIR etc. (mixer presets in this new incarnation) to provide a sense of space, or was it captured "in the room" so to speak?

Last edited:
Tremulant and Swell are virtual, but closely modeled according to actual recordings of the respective effect.

The setup I used for recording relied on a combination of Ambisonics microphones in different distances which allowed for careful mixture of close and far mics, and for the subtle adjustments of parameters like polar patterns and capsule angles during post-pro. It might be worth noting that the so-called "Space" option in the new player refers to the actual release-samples, i.e. the sampled reverb from the original Venue. It can be lowered in volume or switched off altogether, which makes it very easy to put the now seemingly "dry" instrument in very different acoustic environments. - The so-called Mixer Presets I created for the initial release version should give you a rough idea of its possibilities.

(Note: Edited to get rid of some typos.)

HTH,

Last edited:
Some first (unorganized) impressions...

10x easier to use than Hauptwerk (my go-to organ player) and doesn't rely on a separate window floating around outside the DAW, and it really does appear that all of the editing, coupling, stop configurations, adjust to baroque tuning, etc can be done more easily than Hauptwerk.

The Hauptwerk advantage (for now?) is that of course there are lots and lots of organs. VSL Rieger though is a pretty malleable instrument given the IR options Dietz has recorded. 32' subs are super nice... same with mix stops. Swell feels really natural... even with not-detailed straight line CC automation.

Lots of sound design potential with the Rieger... and it fits in the Synchron Stage (for pieces with other Synchron instruments) very, very nicely.

It is really easy to get a good sound from scratch... very quick learning curve if you have experience with Synchron Player.

Top Bottom