What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 Sale (April 2021)

Ben

VSL
1617886206052.png

Through May 3, 2021 Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is on sale:

- First license: € 145 (regular €195)
- Additional license: € 65 (regular: €95)

Get it here:

There is also a keyless demo version available on the website, so make sure to check out VEP7.
And in case you don't have an eLicenser yet, these are currently on sale as well (€ 13 + you get a €20 voucher).

Evans

Custom title
I'm not an expert. I mostly play guitar.

But even on a single DAW machine, I get fewer freezes when putting VEPro between Cubase and Kontakt or SINE than when directly inserting them into Cubase. That time- and frustration-saver alone is worth €145, in my opinion.

And if you're running a server, there's really no viable alternative.

widescreen

I'm not an expert. I mostly play guitar.

But even on a single DAW machine, I get fewer freezes when putting VEPro between Cubase and Kontakt or SINE than when directly inserting them into Cubase. That time- and frustration-saver alone is worth €145, in my opinion.

And if you're running a server, there's really no viable alternative.
I'm a Studio One user. Can presets and the new articulation maps be used with VEPro?

Am I right that when I want to open the instrument view (click options inside the library), that I have to do that inside VEPro and not the DAW? So I have to have an open VEPro window in the background?

I have the possibility to get a server with 384GB RAM. So that RAM will NEVER be any sort of problem virtually forever. But I am still not convinced if I get any usability restrictions when using VEPro.

If using 2 clients and 1 server, I still need only the first license?

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL
I'm a Studio One user. Can presets and the new articulation maps be used with VEPro?
You can use the Sound Variations in Studio One in combination with VEP7, sure. But the automatic Sound Variation configuration you get with the Synchron Player and Studio One will not work, for now (can't give you an ETA).

Am I right that when I want to open the instrument view (click options inside the library), that I have to do that inside VEPro and not the DAW? So I have to have an open VEPro window in the background?
Yes. The instruments are hosted inside a VEP server.

If using 2 clients and 1 server, I still need only the first license?
You need a license for each computer that runs a VEP server instance. If you only have one computer running VEP server instances you need one license (the connector plugin in the DAW does not require a license).

widescreen

You can use the Sound Variations in Studio One in combination with VEP7, sure. But the automatic Sound Variation configuration you get with the Synchron Player and Studio One will not work, for now (can't give you an ETA).

Yes. The instruments are hosted inside a VEP server.

You need a license for each computer that runs a VEP server instance. If you only have one computer running VEP server instances you need one license (the connector plugin in the DAW does not require a license).
Cool, I'll check out the demo.

kdjupdal

Hi, I've got a question.

I currently use a Macbook pro with logic. I am thinking about getting a second computer since I need more ram.

I don't understand all about VEP yet. Is this possible:
- I use my Mac as the master computer with logic
- I buy a PC with 64gb ram to host the libraries.
- Can I do this without having a DAW on the second computer, controlling everything with logic?

Evans

Custom title
Can I do this without having a DAW on the second computer, controlling everything with logic?
Unless there's some wacky thing with Logic, yes, this is exactly how running a VEPro server works!

I've got Machine 1 with Cubase and some sketching libraries. Machine 2 has VEPro, lots of RAM, and lots of libraries - but no Cubase on this second machine.

Speaking to it in a super lo fi way:
  1. Machine 2 uses VEPro to load up various Kontakt, SINE, and Synchron libraries.
  2. I then insert a "reference" of sorts to Machine 2's VEPro setup into Cubase on Machine 1 (sort of like creating a new track for, say, Kontakt).
  3. I also create a large number of MIDI tracks in Machine 1's Cubase project (or template) that refer back to specific channels in Machine 2's VEPro setup (similar to directly inserting one Kontakt instance with multiple instruments loaded, each on their own midi channel).
  4. And that's pretty much it!
There's a lot of wizardry you can do in regard to how you distribute your plugins inside your VEPro "project" and how you set up your outputs between VEPro and your DAW that greatly impacts how you'll be adding Inserts and Sends, but the above is the general idea of how it works.

Last edited:

gzapper

It will also be available for iLok USB key and/or iLok Cloud (no key required), after the transition to iLok (no ETA yet).
You will get free replacement licenses as soon as we have completed the transition.
Thanks Ben.

I'm considering picking up a second server license during this sale, does that mean I have to buy another Steinberg dongle to use it even though you're moving to iLok?

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL
Thanks Ben.

I'm considering picking up a second server license during this sale, does that mean I have to buy another Steinberg dongle to use it even though you're moving to iLok?
You need one elicenser per machine that runs VEP instances.

Top Bottom