What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 features

I saw some minor bugs/issues with some of the earliest adopters-- fair to say that it is through that small period of bugs in your experience?

I saw some minor bugs/issues with some of the earliest adopters-- fair to say that it is through that small period of bugs in your experience?

VSL has released some updates since the initial release. I personally haven’t had any issues, but a viewers of my channel pointed out some sluggish behavior. Still, knowing that VSL will improve any performance abnormalities, (there’s a lot of new code), and keeping in mind what’s included I still think it’s a good deal. Most users shouldn’t see problems but I’m still looking into the couple of issues I’ve heard about. I don’t know if it’s related to the version (VST, VST3, MAS, AU), or what.

I’ll keep everyone updated as I can.

I’ll have another full length/full featured VEP7 video soon.

Regards,
Steve

VSL has released some updates since the initial release. I personally haven’t had any issues, but a viewers of my channel pointed out some sluggish behavior. Still, knowing that VSL will improve any performance abnormalities, (there’s a lot of new code), and keeping in mind what’s included I still think it’s a good deal. Most users shouldn’t see problems but I’m still looking into the couple of issues I’ve heard about. I don’t know if it’s related to the version (VST, VST3, MAS, AU), or what.

I’ll keep everyone updated as I can.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks for the info. Went ahead an upgraded and thus far opening old projects and templates is still working flawlessly, but with the new improvements. Thanks for the video and info!

Thanks for reminding me of the last intro sale days: I watched your video and...bought it. And what should I say: last thing I thought I needed was a new comp or limiter, but these are among the best i own. And they are eye candy... I´ll learn more about the update in the next days....

Last edited:

Thanks for the vid,

it would be great for your next example to be demonstrated with actual full templates of instruments and plugins live to see how VEpro7 is performing. Up against VEpro 6 or 5,

Live demos rather than just showing where the knobs are or explaining what they do.

I think live demos brings it closer to home

Thanks

While I've already upgraded (but haven't installed since I'm always cautious with any huge upgrades),
it was still an informative video!
Thx!

I made a video for anyone thinking about upgrading to v7 before the intro sale ends (23rd is the last day). I am not affiliated with VSL, but I am VSL Certified. I thought it might help some people get a quick independent look at some of my favorite features of VEP7. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks as always Steve :)

Very concise and well explained points!

I haven’t tested on high Sierra. However upgrading from Sierra to Mojave made a HUGE difference in vep7 performance for me. I believe that MOJAVE metal support is the reason why. I have talked to someone else that did try high Sierra and the performance gain wasn’t there like it is in Mojave. Vep7 is taking advantage of Mojave metal it would seem.

Thanks Steve for your examination & explanation of VEPro 7's new feature set along with the plugins and the expanded Orchestral package that comes with it. I have all the plugins already having picked up the Vienna Software Package and I concur with their usefulness. Top drawer plugins if you work with sound and do mixing. The Exciter in that kit is an excellent plugin to explore as well.

Last day for the sale. Snatched it up today as a result of watching your video Steve.

I haven’t tested on high Sierra. However upgrading from Sierra to Mojave made a HUGE difference in vep7 performance for me. I believe that MOJAVE metal support is the reason why. I have talked to someone else that did try high Sierra and the performance gain wasn’t there like it is in Mojave. Vep7 is taking advantage of Mojave metal it would seem.
Thank you for the Info. I guess I should upgrade my old video card.

Just had a gander at VSL's video on the VM1 iPad app for VEPro. Looks like a workflow changer, if it lives up to the billing.

Look for the thumbnail of the video on the page. Recommend watching it full screen.Click on the icon just below the video thumbnail on the right hand side.

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble_Pro#!VM1_App

Yes, this indeed looks really interesting for improving workflow. Have to borrow an iPad from one of our kids and check it out.

Like this one:
"Stacks let's you create and experiment with sounds by using multiple instruments on the same MIDI channel".
Has anyone tried the beta app?

Top Bottom