What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 doesn't play/stop playback with Cubase

yellow_lupine

Hello,

I have came across a very irritating issue in my Mac with VE Pro 7: pressing the space bar from within VE Pro does not play/stop the playback in Cubase (both 10.5 and 11). By using Logic Pro instead it works without problems (!).

Is there anybody which has experienced that?

I cannot confirm that here. I use the same DAWs Cubase (both 10.5 and 11) and Logic,
as well as VEP 7.

Sometimes plugins take key-commands hostage. If you can identify which one it is, you can contact the support of the plugin manufacturer.

Thanks for the clarification Ben, my VE Pro project does make use of VSL instruments and plugins only.
It's the Cubase project that has third party plugins and it seems it is "Waves SSL G-Master Buss Compressor" which take "hostage" on the space bar (doing nothing however).
I tried moving it to VE Pro but it shows up completely blank, while in Cubase it shows correctly (please take a look at the attached screenshots).
Moreover that plugin comes in both VST and AU formats, but VE Pro only shows the AU format, could you help me?

Attachments

• cubase.png
    cubase.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 8
  • vepro.png
    vepro.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 7
I tried moving it to VE Pro but it shows up completely blank, while in Cubase it shows correctly (please take a look at the attached screenshots).
Yeah, that's a nasty bug - we fixed it already a few times, but it seems to reappear on some systems...
Please double check that you have isntalled the latest version of VEP. If this doesn't solve the issue try to disable "Fast plugin GUI switching" in the "GUI behavior" area of the preferences:

Moreover that plugin comes in both VST and AU formats, but VE Pro only shows the AU format, could you help me?
Please contact our support regarding this topic ([email protected]). I'm not really familar with MacOS and the plugin handling on that system. But most of my colleagues in support use MacOS and should be able to help you with this one.

Top Bottom