What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

I'm using Cubase. Works flawlessly!
Did you do the TCP thing they lay-out at the beginning of the manual? Also, do you use static ICP addresses?

I'm on C8.5 & W10, two machine setup. The instances on my slave aren't showing up and can't figure out why!

Did you do the TCP thing they lay-out at the beginning of the manual? Also, do you use static ICP addresses?

I'm on C8.5 & W10, two machine setup. The instances on my slave aren't showing up and can't figure out why!

One thought is to double-check your firewall settings in W10, and that VEP6 has permission to get through.

One thought is to double-check your firewall settings in W10, and that VEP6 has permission to get through.
I think that's the TCP thing. I did as described in manual, though I find their instructions very incomplete. Would be so easy with just a few paragraphs more to explain more completely...

Just curious, has anyone had an issues since the update came out?

Is it a smooth transition from VePro 5 to VePro 6? Will the meta frames I built in v5, automatically convert to v6?

Any issues anyone is having with cubase pro 8.5? I REALLY want to upgrade but i am paranoid to do it until I know it's working for others out there.

Thanks
I'm in the same boat. On the VSL forum it looks like the issues have not been fixed with the latest update but will be fixed on the next one.

Cubase 8.5.20 & Win 10 here, not a single bump from day 1. Opening vep5 projects, using vep5 templates... Works beautifully!

Last edited:
Just curious, has anyone had an issues since the update came out?

Is it a smooth transition from VePro 5 to VePro 6? Will the meta frames I built in v5, automatically convert to v6?

Any issues anyone is having with cubase pro 8.5? I REALLY want to upgrade but i am paranoid to do it until I know it's working for others out there.

Thanks

yeah, Cubase 8.5.20 on Windows 10 works fine over here. VE pro 5 templates converted into VE pro 6 and all. It's great!

I'm using Nuendo 7.1 on a PC with Windows 10 and everything is working nicely, better than VE5. The installation wasn't too difficult, either.

I'm totally new to VE Pro, and for now I've had to discontinue use of VEPro 6. It crashes all the time for me ever since the latest update. Before that it was working fine for me. Seems like I'm the only one though (I have a support ticket going and am waiting to hear news from VSL). Was running multiple instances on a single machine, both with Finale and Logic, and I was having an issue where the prog. would crash when I clicked on one of the instance tabs. (tried rebuilding the template from scratch, no dice). Weird that everyone else is sailing smoothly. I'm on Yosemite, and someone recommended upgrading to El Capitan, but I'm mid-project and on a deadline so no dice. Oh well - will revisit it when I build my pc slave I guess.

What libraries are you using? I found that VEP6 was crashing when I tried to load an instance of the one library. I can't remember now which one it was. But it could be down to the library and not VEP. Are you running VEP on your master or a slave? If a slave is it PC or Mac?

Hi, thanks for the Q's. I am running everything on a macbook pro, no slave yet. Running OT Berlin percussion, Sonic Couture vibraphone, a few instances of Play (for Hollywood Brass, and one Hollywood percussion), and actually a bunch of Garritan stuff, which I'm using with Finale. Oh, also Broadway Lites.

The latest addition the mix of stuff I'm using is Play, actually, and I know people have all sorts of issues with Play, particularly on a mac. Funnily, Play itself seems to perform very well for me so far.

VEP wasn't crashing upon loading a library for me (though that did happen once w/ Spitfire Chamber Strings). It was this odd thing were if I clicked on one of the instance tabs I'd get the spinning wheel, and shortly thereafter, death.

Since I don't have a slave, and one of my main purposes for VEP was to expand Finale's capacity to 64 bit, I am capable for the moment of flying without it (since the new Finale is 64 bit). But I was really beginning to like the interface, and really hoping to work with Logic and VEP. I am hoping maybe a subsequent update will do better by my setup. But for now, under deadline pressure, I think I have to leave it alone.

How many instances have you got? Are you loading many instruments within a single instance? Or are you using a single instance for each time of instruments? For example one instance for Violins, and another for Violas, etc..

Try separate your PLAY instruments from the other libraries in the instances. And then add the instance with the PLAY instruments and see if that causes issues.

How many instances have you got? Are you loading many instruments within a single instance? Or are you using a single instance for each time of instruments? For example one instance for Violins, and another for Violas, etc..

Try separate your PLAY instruments from the other libraries in the instances. And then add the instance with the PLAY instruments and see if that causes issues.

I am filling most instances for now. When I tried separate instances even for sections, so winds, brass, perc, strings, Finale seemed to freak out. I will see about separating the Play instances when I go back, but for now I'm flying without and for the moment, it's smoother.

Top Bottom