What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

Anybody got it working stable with Cubase/Win10? I'm afraid to upgrade during the ongoing projects... but it makes me feel so itchy to take the plunge! :elephant::barefoot:

You know, I actually haven't tried it. I do have a Steinberg Cubasis license on the soft e licensor however.
Now you tell us! Naughty!

I can't find anything online about using soft/machine-based licensing and not the USB stick for VE Pro - would anyone confirm that this is the case?

(Soft licensing would be my #1 feature request for VSL!!!)

Now you tell us! Naughty!

I can't find anything online about using soft/machine-based licensing and not the USB stick for VE Pro - would anyone confirm that this is the case?

(Soft licensing would be my #1 feature request for VSL!!!)
I just tried and it does NOT work without a hardware key.

Please, pretty please, let VEP 6 have sorted this problem out with Cubase's Asio Guard 2! That would just make my year (coupled with Kontakt 5.6 finally sorting out the max size of Instrument GUI)! :)
Hey what is this info you have on Kontakt 5.6?

I do not know about this...

This is a great new version. But anyone else having problem shifting through instances with keyboard (CMD+arrow keys on Mac)? It works fine when shifting through instances with Kontakt in open state, but once you get to e.g. an open channel of Omnisphere, I can no longer switch to next/previous instance with the keyboard.

Also, would be great to have a better progress bar during loading. Before I could see how far it was and could load up a Logic project when it was almost done and I know I would be ready to go soon. Now I really don't have a clue how many instances it has loaded since the GUI is not updated before everything is loaded.

And yes, as others have pointed out, a list view like the old one still gives a better general overview than the instance tabs in the top.

EDIT: Maybe I was a bit too early on the "great new version part". I loaded up the same project (in Logic X) that I have been working on a few days ago, and moving the transport in Logic and starting playback now takes 1-2 seconds - with VEP 5 it was instant. This is a serious and very disturbing lag that has been introduced and I hope it's just a glitch here or that it gets fixed quickly.

EDIT2: Actually it has nothing to do with moving transport. Starting playback just takes 1-2 seconds here now, period... Until this is fixed, I really need to go back to VEP5 - I haven't tried it yet but I hope it's possible.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if JRRShop typically matches sales offers from others? I remember when I first saw the deal posted at Best Service (seems to be missing at the moment) they were saying if you add two single VSL instruments, you'd get the cheaper one for free.
Paypal is the only payment option? I couldn't find credit card @jrrshop.com?

EDIT2: Actually it has nothing to do with moving transport. Starting playback just takes 1-2 seconds here now, period... Until this is fixed, I really need to go back to VEP5 - I haven't tried it yet but I hope it's possible.

Same thing here, but I have 5-10 seconds.

It's working fine for me in lp9 (...)

Sure about that, Samphony? Because at least one other person — Jay, no less — also confirmed that LogicPro 9 doesn't 'see' the VEPRO 6 plugins, and I just got word from VSL's Paul Kopf (product manager) that VEPRO 6 is indeed incompatible with LogicPro 9. (Something I feel should be added to the System Requirements on the product's webpage. If I had known, I'd obviously never have purchased the upgrade.)

Anyway, Paul also added that they'll look into the matter to see if the L9-compatibility can be restored after all. Which is nice.

_

Anyone who uses a Cubase disabled track template and made the switch to VE Pro 6? I wonder if I would get a real benefit from the upgrade.

The VE PRO 6 New Feature video shows that each tab can have different views or sets of embedded sub windows.
The problem I’m having is no matter what view I set for each tab / instance as soon as I close VE PRO those view settings are not being saved. When I reopen VE PRO all of my tabs / instances revert back to just seeing the mixer view. I reported the problem to Paul at Vienna and he said that he hopes that the next update will address the issue.

I'm also experiencing a Logic X transport time lag and have reported it to Vienna. Hope they fix that one soon.

Top Bottom