What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

Last I knew you couldn't use Soft eLicenser with VSL stuff, has that changed recently? I'd love to go that route for my MBP. Laptops and dongles are just a ticking time bomb in my opinion.
You know, I actually haven't tried it. I do have a Steinberg Cubasis license on the soft e licensor however.

I thought it said it overwrites the previous versions.
I think this also would have been a nice feature to have both, Vpro5 and 6

I got cubase 6 from ebay not so long but i can load both 5 and 6 individually and at the same time on the same screen with no project over written.

Picked it, up. Like what I see so far! One thing I miss... I have a large template with lots of instances. Tabbed view is a nice new addition, but I'd love to see a list view again. I have so many tabs now, I have to use the key command to scroll through my instances, and it's a little inconvenient because I can't see all of my instances at once. Seems like the new UI framework they're using would support that pretty easily though.

I upgraded and now have a HUGE lag between pressing start/rec and it actually beginning - like 10 seconds! I've narrowed it down to VEPro for sure. I have a pretty large template with several slaves, but it worked fine under 5, maybe there was some coincidental system change (not out of the question!) causing a conflict. Going to dive in later tonight and see what could possibly be causing the issue. I'll report back. I'm on LPX.

Ok.... Currently using my 3 licenses..... and need to add another computer... So If I upgrade my 3 newest machines to VEpro6 ..... and leave VEpro5 on an older computer.... will VEpro6 work with the older vepro5 computer?

Ok.... Currently using my 3 licenses..... and need to add another computer... So If I upgrade my 3 newest machines to VEpro6 ..... and leave VEpro5 on an older computer.... will VEpro6 work with the older vepro5 computer?
I'm guessing not since the VEPro 6 licenses replace the v5 licenses.

Awesome! I just did a clean install of Windows 10, so this upgrade came in great time.. clean slate and all. :)

Guys, do you recommend JRRshop? I usually buy Vienna stuff in dolar from Sweetwater, but JJR has a better deal.

I'm guessing not since the VEPro 6 licenses replace the v5 licenses.

I'd assume the programs are replaced... but how would they actually delete the previous licenses?

for instance ... it may be necessary for a user to have an older license since the OS might be xp or vista..

Awesome! I just did a clean install of Windows 10, so this upgrade came in great time.. clean slate and all. :)

Guys, do you recommend JRRshop? I usually buy Vienna stuff in dolar from Sweetwater, but JJR has a better deal.
I purchased VePro there yesterday without any problems.

I can't seem to find anything about this but is VSL offering a grace period for anyone who bought VEPro 5 within x amount of days before this? I just purchased VEP 5 a few weeks ago before any of this was news to me.

I can't seem to find anything about this but is VSL offering a grace period for anyone who bought VEPro 5 within x amount of days before this? I just purchased VEP 5 a few weeks ago before any of this was news to me.

No stated policy, they address these situations privately. Contact VSL support.

Actually you can automate the disable feature, which I think is the best unadvertised feature in VE pro 6. I love it!
How do you do it? Is it a plug in param?

Also, how do you launch the server? When I start it in standalone there's no option to open a metaframr, I can only open them by double clicking the actual metaframes themselves.

Anyone who have it. Is Frozen/Disabled channels in VEP is the same as in Cubase Disable track? This feature is what I really want to use in VEP6.

Top Bottom