What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

Just did a short track using DP9.1 and VE PRO 6. Works well thus far. Didn't have to adjust buffer settings or anything. host DAW was set for 256. Sound is great. Worth the upgrade price for me. :)

Anyone knows if the VEPro AU-plugins (the ones to connect the DAW with the VEPro server) are still compatible with LogicPro 9?
I hope they are, and that they don't require LogicPro X, because not reading any info about this particular requirement on the VSL website, I went ahead and purchased (and installed) the update.
But those AU's don't show up in LogicPro 9, even though I can see them in the Components folder. Which is slightly worrying.

_

Hmm - I am getting a lot of crashes on VEP6 (windows 7). Just bought it and organised my instruments into folders and had about 8 crashes. Ill have another play around and see if I can reproduce it. But for now, bed.

Ps. folders are awesome, tabs are awesome & playback performance seems much better.
Hmm - I am getting a lot of crashes on VEP6 (windows 7). Just bought it and organised my instruments into folders and had about 8 crashes. Ill have another play around and see if I can reproduce it. But for now, bed.

Ps. folders are awesome, tabs are awesome & playback performance seems much better.
I would finish all existing projects before upgrading even if they its ok to install over old projects,

Always good practice to complete existing projects,

But if it's crashing with fresh project it does sound strange,

Anyone knows if the VEPro AU-plugins (the ones to connect the DAW with the VEPro server) are still compatible with LogicPro 9?
I hope they are, and that they don't require LogicPro X, because not reading any info about this particular requirement on the VSL website, I went ahead and purchased (and installed) the update.
But those AU's don't show up in LogicPro 9, even though I can see them in the Components folder. Which is slightly worrying.

_
Yes

OK. Can someone please answer this noob question: Is a hardware key (ilok, etc..) still required to run Vienna Ensemble Pro ?

I did experience some crackles in the audio stream once I started putting more instruments into VE PRO 6 but I just raised the sample buffer in DP 9.1 to 512 and it went away. Not sure whether it's a DP issue or VSL. I'm not too concerned at the moment. I'm between projects so I can let the dust settle if things need to be worked out.

OK. Can someone please answer this noob question: Is a hardware key (ilok, etc..) still required to run Vienna Ensemble Pro ?

Hardware key? Yes. Either a Vienna Key or a Steinberg E-licenser key (they are the same).
iLok will NOT work on Vienna products.

Hardware key? Yes. Either a Vienna Key or a Steinberg E-licenser key (they are the same).
iLok will NOT work on Vienna products.
You are given 3 license activations. Both iLok and e-Licensor have virtual keys that reside on your computer which means you don't have to download it to a physical key any longer. You could have one license on your main computer, another on your slave and the third on an iLok key for back up or mobile use.

You are given 3 license activations. Both iLok and e-Licensor have virtual keys that reside on your computer which means you don't have to download it to a physical key any longer. You could have one license on your main computer, another on your slave and the third on an iLok key for back up or mobile use.
Appreciate your reply.. I'll quickly cancel the order for that hardware Elicenser key that I just placed.. Phew.. Thanks again.

Nifty new features.

Does anyone else get the feeling that VSL is creating the basis for a new DAW?

Seriously - just add some MIDI editing features and you basically have the beginnings of a new sequencer.
Logic could so take a leaf out of the configurable mixer

Last I knew you couldn't use Soft eLicenser with VSL stuff, has that changed recently? I'd love to go that route for my MBP. Laptops and dongles are just a ticking time bomb in my opinion.

Nifty new features.

Does anyone else get the feeling that VSL is creating the basis for a new DAW?

Seriously - just add some MIDI editing features and you basically have the beginnings of a new sequencer.
With all the new colors it is looking very cubasy hmmmmm , and not sure whats stopping them, every thing else is there,

i am also wondering if you need 3 more licenses for VEpro 6 can you not load 6 or 5, does 6 over write VEpro 5.

or can you load both,

Top Bottom