What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

We can reproduce the merge crash and will address it asap. If you have any other issues, please just drop a line to [email protected], adding any crash logs or concerns, and we'll address it.

Regarding AUv3, we always planned to have it in this release, but had to wait due to lack of support for AUv3 multiport midi in the available AUv3 host. We'll release the AUv3 immediately as soon as the host support is there.

We can reproduce the merge crash and will address it asap. If you have any other issues, please just drop a line to [email protected], adding any crash logs or concerns, and we'll address it.

Regarding AUv3, we always planned to have it in this release, but had to wait due to lack of support for AUv3 multiport midi in the available AUv3 host. We'll release the AUv3 immediately as soon as the host support is there.
Thanks for the reply! I feared the problem not being on VSL side. Looking forward to it anyway. U

That's great, thanks for the prompt response!

Does anyone know if JRRShop typically matches sales offers from others? I remember when I first saw the deal posted at Best Service (seems to be missing at the moment) they were saying if you add two single VSL instruments, you'd get the cheaper one for free.
Just purchased VEPro 6 at JRRShop for $76.50 USD.
Already received activation codes from Vienna, downloading now.

Just purchased VEPro 6 at JRRShop for $76.50 USD.
Already received activation codes from Vienna, downloading now.
I just tried adding two single instruments to my cart just now and it looks like the bonus offer of a free single instrument I was referring to doesn't work at JRRShop (it does at VSL's site, though).

Edit: Looks like the offer is back at Best Service with updated text...
PLUS, only in August 2016:

Upgrade to Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, add 2 Single Instruments of your choice to the basket, and the cheapest product is FREE*!

* (please only drop the more expensive single instrument into your shopping cart and tell us which one you want to get free using the comment box)

Last edited:
Guys, I wasn't being coy, I was under NDA so there was a limit to what I could say.
Might be some kind of a child labor law issue here. Does VSL put 10 year olds on their trial teams and NDA's? He probably also has inside secret info from the CIA, but his lips are sealed (well sorta).

Does anyone know if VEP 6 allows a slave to receive tempo information via midi from a DAW?

My DAW is on a Mac, using MidiOverLAN CP for midi connectivity, so it's not on the VE Pro conduit. So far this has not worked in an automated way.

Can anyone explain how disabled channels work and how they can be automated from the daw? you wouldn't get any visual represantation from within the daw if the channel is enabled or not, would you?

Hmm - I am getting a lot of crashes on VEP6 (windows 7). Just bought it and organised my instruments into folders and had about 8 crashes. Ill have another play around and see if I can reproduce it. But for now, bed.

Ps. folders are awesome, tabs are awesome & playback performance seems much better.

Does anyone know if VEP 6 allows a slave to receive tempo information via midi from a DAW?

My DAW is on a Mac, using MidiOverLAN CP for midi connectivity, so it's not on the VE Pro conduit. So far this has not worked in an automated way.

Is this what you're looking for ...? (s. attachment)

Attachments

• 15180 MIDI Prefs.png
    15180 MIDI Prefs.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 65
Hmm - I am getting a lot of crashes on VEP6 (windows 7). Just bought it and organised my instruments into folders and had about 8 crashes. Ill have another play around and see if I can reproduce it. But for now, bed.

Ps. folders are awesome, tabs are awesome & playback performance seems much better.
I think I'll wait to install it then. Let them work out the bugs first.

Is this what you're looking for ...? (s. attachment)

I'll try that Dietz. It will take some restarts to make it happen because of the midi program (not because of VE Pro), but glad to know it can work. Thank you! Do you know if this will send tempo to Kontakt and PLAY as well?

[...] Do you know if this will send tempo to Kontakt and PLAY as well?
It should! :) ... but I seem to remember that in the past this feature (and its stability) relied a lot on the tempo handling of the involved virtual instrument(s).

Danke Dietz. I think you are right about the virtual instruments. In this case, it would be samples, which behave a bit better than some synths.

Thanks again,

John

Top Bottom