What's new

Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, really?

dcoscina

Last I knew you couldn't use Soft eLicenser with VSL stuff, has that changed recently? I'd love to go that route for my MBP. Laptops and dongles are just a ticking time bomb in my opinion.
You know, I actually haven't tried it. I do have a Steinberg Cubasis license on the soft e licensor however.

novaburst

I thought it said it overwrites the previous versions.
I think this also would have been a nice feature to have both, Vpro5 and 6

I got cubase 6 from ebay not so long but i can load both 5 and 6 individually and at the same time on the same screen with no project over written.

benatural

Picked it, up. Like what I see so far! One thing I miss... I have a large template with lots of instances. Tabbed view is a nice new addition, but I'd love to see a list view again. I have so many tabs now, I have to use the key command to scroll through my instances, and it's a little inconvenient because I can't see all of my instances at once. Seems like the new UI framework they're using would support that pretty easily though.

stonzthro

I upgraded and now have a HUGE lag between pressing start/rec and it actually beginning - like 10 seconds! I've narrowed it down to VEPro for sure. I have a pretty large template with several slaves, but it worked fine under 5, maybe there was some coincidental system change (not out of the question!) causing a conflict. Going to dive in later tonight and see what could possibly be causing the issue. I'll report back. I'm on LPX.

Eurig Gwilym

Ok.... Currently using my 3 licenses..... and need to add another computer... So If I upgrade my 3 newest machines to VEpro6 ..... and leave VEpro5 on an older computer.... will VEpro6 work with the older vepro5 computer?

resound

Ok.... Currently using my 3 licenses..... and need to add another computer... So If I upgrade my 3 newest machines to VEpro6 ..... and leave VEpro5 on an older computer.... will VEpro6 work with the older vepro5 computer?
I'm guessing not since the VEPro 6 licenses replace the v5 licenses.

zolhof

Awesome! I just did a clean install of Windows 10, so this upgrade came in great time.. clean slate and all. :)

Guys, do you recommend JRRshop? I usually buy Vienna stuff in dolar from Sweetwater, but JJR has a better deal.

Eurig Gwilym

I'm guessing not since the VEPro 6 licenses replace the v5 licenses.

I'd assume the programs are replaced... but how would they actually delete the previous licenses?

for instance ... it may be necessary for a user to have an older license since the OS might be xp or vista..

wbacer

A Work in Progress
Awesome! I just did a clean install of Windows 10, so this upgrade came in great time.. clean slate and all. :)

Guys, do you recommend JRRshop? I usually buy Vienna stuff in dolar from Sweetwater, but JJR has a better deal.
I purchased VePro there yesterday without any problems.

The Darris

I can't seem to find anything about this but is VSL offering a grace period for anyone who bought VEPro 5 within x amount of days before this? I just purchased VEP 5 a few weeks ago before any of this was news to me.

DaddyO

I can't seem to find anything about this but is VSL offering a grace period for anyone who bought VEPro 5 within x amount of days before this? I just purchased VEP 5 a few weeks ago before any of this was news to me.

No stated policy, they address these situations privately. Contact VSL support.

benatural

Actually you can automate the disable feature, which I think is the best unadvertised feature in VE pro 6. I love it!
How do you do it? Is it a plug in param?

Also, how do you launch the server? When I start it in standalone there's no option to open a metaframr, I can only open them by double clicking the actual metaframes themselves.

phil_wc

Anyone who have it. Is Frozen/Disabled channels in VEP is the same as in Cubase Disable track? This feature is what I really want to use in VEP6.

Top Bottom