I love the upgrades, some cool features.
- drag and drop to reorder instances in a meta frame
- better color options and color palette
- better grouping of channels (like logic groups)
-- show/ hide channels in an instance or something like folders or track stacks
-- deactivate/enable channels in an instance
- tabbed interface
- AU v3
- updated gui
- under the hood improvements of course
- Retina (HiDPI) graphics support on both Mac and PCs
- Tabbed instances – Improved organization with one common window for all instances, with detachable instances, re-ordering of instances, and tab-coloring for better identification
- Frozen/Disabled channels allow unloading all plug-ins (including their allocated memory) from a selected channel, while keeping data intact
- Intelligent auto-save functionality – Auto-saves project in desired intervals, but only when transport is stopped, so it doesn’t interrupt a playing session. Easily recover projects in the event of a crash.
- VCA folders let you organize your channels conveniently with folders and subfolders that are easy to color-code
- VST hosting on the Mac, allowing for full compatibility with Windows
- Channel grouping allows assigning channels to a group, with option to link selected parameters to the entire group
- “Raise Instance” is now a Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in parameter to enable automation/hardware controller assignment for quick instance access
- “Auto Raise Instance” option raises the connected Vienna Ensemble Pro instance automatically when you show the Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in
- New code base for about 70% less CPU usage for all internal Vienna Ensemble Pro calculations
- Rewritten user interface code resulting in 80% less CPU usage for graphics
- Improved multi-threading performance for increased plug-in hosting capacity
- Redesigned, resizable plug-in window and Audio/Event Input Plug-in
- Faster connection/disconnection times when switching between projects
- Unified channel model – No more need to create different channels for Vienna Instruments or 3rd party plug-ins. Every channel now has the capability to be a bus, audio input, plug-in channel, Vienna Instruments, Vienna Instruments Pro or Vienna Imperial channel. Drag & drop plug-ins to any channel.
- In combination with Vienna MIR Pro: Impulse response files loading up to 5 times faster, improved graphical performance (especially under OS X).
- Mixer Interface Customization allows turning on or off sections in the mixer to suit your needs
- Transmission of all keys to host – Shortcuts not in use by Vienna Ensemble Pro will be transferred to a connected DAW
- Miniature view – Channel strips can now be further collapsed
- Faster plug-in scanning
- Many more usability improvements throughout the application