What's new

Video Tutorial - Kontakt Manual Walkthrough

KSProgrammer

Hello all,

New to VI Control, thought i'd give this a go.

I've been tinkering with Kontakt instruments for a few companies for a few years, and have decided that with the new Kontakt being released, it's a good time to go about walking through the manual as a reference, as I think it's difficult for beginners to get going on Kontakt.

This will develop into a channel of library making and implementing any techniques that get brought up by commenters, so hopefully you can all help me out with making it an engaging and helpful resource for those learning Kontakt Scripting.

Anyway, check it out. I've run through chapters 2 and 3 so far, with the rest of chapter 3 going up this weekend, and onto Chapter 4 after that.

Regards,

David

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Hello all,

New to VI Control, thought i'd give this a go.

I've been tinkering with Kontakt instruments for a few companies for a few years, and have decided that with the new Kontakt being released, it's a good time to go about walking through the manual as a reference, as I think it's difficult for beginners to get going on Kontakt.

This will develop into a channel of library making and implementing any techniques that get brought up by commenters, so hopefully you can all help me out with making it an engaging and helpful resource for those learning Kontakt Scripting.

Anyway, check it out. I've run through chapters 2 and 3 so far, with the rest of chapter 3 going up this weekend, and onto Chapter 4 after that.

Regards,

David

Just subscribed. I'm massively interested in learning how to make my own Kontakt Libraries so this is brilliant timing. I'll check them all out later this evening! Thank you for doing this!

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Just subscribed. I'm massively interested in learning how to make my own Kontakt Libraries so this is brilliant timing. I'll check them all out later this evening! Thank you for doing this!

Great! Thanks for the Sub.

I've got a couple walkthrough tutorials on some of the libraries I'm making currently, so I'll throw them up on the channel as they go as well.

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Morning all!

Today's video is on @String variables, a particularly pertinent subject, now with the new Kontakt text and font options! How exciting. (new fonts not actually covered in this one, but i'll probably get one up about them soon!)

Check it out here;

Regards

David

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Hey VIControl,

New video up today, talking about !String Arrays. What are they? How do they work? Join me as I pretend to know and work it out on the job.

Regards,

David

germancomponist

And do not forget that Kontakt Sampler is also a very cool synthesizer!

Some years ago I demonstrated this by using only one little Taiko Drum sample, to produce tons of sounds with it. Listen: https://app.box.com/s/fb81d8e193ec920d62ec

In this demo, I was after the sound of the 80's, and all instruments I built with only this little sample: https://app.box.com/s/885f93ee176ce4437c28

If u don't believe me, feel free to download the complete project and instruments here: https://app.box.com/s/90osnxxunfbsiyt92nyq

Have fun :)

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Pretty cool stuff Germancomponist! Certainly is versatile!

Today's video I'm looking at Const variables and dreaming about getting to more interesting chapters.

Check it out;

Regards,

David

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Hey all,

Today's tutorial, about using polyphonic variables. Handy for arpeggiators, chord trigger systems, waterfall chord structures, and MOAR.

Check it out;

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

Moving right along. Connecting Kontakt with the outside world with the File Selector.

This one is a longer one. There's quite a bit to get through, so i'm starting to expand on some of the information. It's not insane yet, but something tells me it will get pretty nuts!

OP
KSProgrammer

KSProgrammer

OKAY. HERE IT IS. THE ONE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. UI_LABELS. HOLY SHIT.

Between this at UI_level meter..gosh I've just got too much to talk about!

Check it out.

Top Bottom