1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[VIDEO] Offline Stems in Logic

Discussion in 'Workflow Tips & DIYs' started by Garlu, Sep 2, 2017.

1. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Why All Tracks as Audio Files?
    I find the new exporting scheme with batch renaming very convenient!

In my case command click on the track stacks and Export x number Tracks as Audio Files does the job or as suggested before realtime stemming does the job as well.

reflekshun8 likes this.
  2. reflekshun8

reflekshun8 New Member

Aug 29, 2017
    I've tried that originally what happened was, it would export all files within the track stack. But thanks to your post on this, I tried it again. The problem is this: you need to use CMD+clicks to select the tracks, and NOT shift+clicks. If you shift click tracks, even if track stacks are closed, it will assume you are selecting each individual track inside the track stacks and export all the innards of the track stack.

So.. Thank you very much, this solves an annoying problem I couldn't find an answer to.

You just gotta remember - CMD+CLICK!

3. reflekshun8

reflekshun8 New Member

Aug 29, 2017
    While on this topic, I am getting a strange naming behavior from Logic on exports - When I export stems, during the export it will have '01 strings.wav, 02 Piano.wav etc.' as I've named them. But after the export is done, it renames them with a '_1' suffix '01 strings_1.wav 02 Piano_1.wav'

Am I doing something wrong? I am putting these in a completely empty folder for the first time and it's doing this.

4. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Just post a picture of your export dialog window.

5. reflekshun8

reflekshun8 New Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Sure! Thanks for taking the time - I have also tried a full system reset, same thing keeps happening. Each time I have tried in different new and empty folders, making sure there are no duplicates.

Export Dialog:
    Export Dialog.png

Files During Export:
    During Export.png

Files After Export is Completed:
    After Export.png