What's new

Video: My thoughts on Westworld and my approach to the scene.

kimgaboury

Thanks for doing this David! I loved your theme and concept for the cue. The "backlash" aka old men yelling at virtual clouds was both hilarious and pathetic. Keep up the good work!

greenhope42

Thanks for sharing the score breakdown. The first time I heard the score it made me smile and you definitely switched genres. As a beginner I have been watching as many score breakdowns from the competition as I could and am happy that we can go behind the scenes of the winning score. The breakdowns are a great learning experience.
Thanks also for walking us through the scenes and explaining how the score evolves and the choices you made. Congratulations.

limaj_daas

Saad Jamil
Congrats on the win and thanks a ton for the breakdown, David! It was very insight and I think an entire video on the libraries you used would be just as insightful!

JonS

Hello fellow VI-C members! I finally had the chance to get my thoughts down about the Westworld scoring competition and how I approached the scene. Let me know if you'd be interested in a video about what sample libraries were used.

Great video, David!! You present yourself, your approach and your music extremely well. This video should help your career!!!! 🍾

Personally, I liked the music you wrote for this competition. Though I loved the 8-bit music in its own right, I would not have ever written music like that for a scene like this. However, your approach was absolutely valid and the judges clearly concurred. Your music was appropriately scored to picture and also very fun to listen to. Wishing you the best and sending you luck as this biz is tricky to get momentum in🤞

OP
David Kudell

David Kudell

LA-based Composer
Great video, David!! You present yourself, your approach and your music extremely well. This video should help your career!!!! 🍾

Personally, I liked the music you wrote for this competition. Though I loved the 8-bit music in its own right, I would not have ever written music like that for a scene like this. However, your approach was absolutely valid and the judges clearly concurred. Your music was appropriately scored to picture and also very fun to listen to. Wishing you the best and sending you luck as this biz is tricky to get momentum in🤞
Thanks Jon. I’m glad you enjoyed the video. I’m used to being behind the camera not in front, but I think it was nice for people to get to see a bit of my real self.

Top Bottom