What's new

Video Export solution for Cubase users

composerlarkin

Use OBS - Open Broadcast Software. Capture the display where your video is full-screened. Have your audio card's output routed back as an input and have the input as an AUX in OBS.

Has to be recorded in realtime though, and the cpu or videocard needs to have enough headroom to process and render the capture. I'm on a Nvidia 1060 and after a quick test it seems to work well. Haven't tried with any CPU-heavy composition sessions yet.

Bit of a mind-blowing realisation for me. Hope it helps others :)

Use OBS - Open Broadcast Software. Capture the display where your video is full-screened. Have your audio card's output routed back as an input and have the input as an AUX in OBS.

Has to be recorded in realtime though, and the cpu or videocard needs to have enough headroom to process and render the capture. I'm on a Nvidia 1060 and after a quick test it seems to work well. Haven't tried with any CPU-heavy composition sessions yet.

Hi,

Are you doing this process to write your audio to a video?

If so, another option is to bounce the finished audio to a stem in Cubase then bring both audio and video into reaper and render out to the required video format.

Another option (haven't tried but sure it will work) is to download the free version of davinci resolve 16 from black magic design and use it to write out the video with audio.

Hopefully Steinberg will introduce a fix for this to allow us to write directly to video in Cubase.

Andrew.

I was shocked when I first moved to Cubase and realised this wasn't possible. It's trivial in Logic. I now use Cubase/Nuendo to write and Logic to mix and layoff to video if needed.

It's coming in the imminent Nuendo 10 but only in the second maintenance update towards the end of the year. It's therefore not likely to hit Cubase until version 11.5 or 12.

DaVinci Resolve is just the greatest software bargain there is, though it will take a while to get your head around it if you are not used to video NLE's. Everybody should have it. It's free, or $299 for the full bells and whistles, which is unnecessary for these purposes.

I had exactly the same idea as you! But using another screencapture software.
Problem is ... whatever software I use, the video always ends up with a somewhat stuttered framerate.
It's perfectly watchable.. but the framerate is never perfect. When you work with a really perfectionnist director... it can be a problem :D

i had issues capturing audio for the daw so i started using an audio recorder plugin at the master bus. melda has a free one called mrecorder. so i later sync up the audio to the video.

That's the annoying thing, it was a feature for ages and then Steinberg just removed it. I think it happened when they were changing the video engine.

Top Bottom