1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vibrato On/off css s

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by col, Jun 23, 2018.

1. col

col Senior Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Hey all.
    At the moment the default control for vibrato control of csss is the assigned cc2
    . Is there a way to just assign an on off control for this ? Like when the sustain pedal just switches on or off. ?

2. tehreal

tehreal Senior Member

Sep 6, 2017
    It needs to be a cross-fade, so no (abruptly turning on/off vibrato without cross-fade will sound like a new note attack). Depending on your DAW you may be able to convert your CC64 into quick cross-fades in realtime.

I'm curious what you are trying to achieve with this. If you explain more of the reasoning behind why you want to do this then maybe we can find a better solution.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    Just learn it to CC64. Theres a setting button on top where you can reassign all CC's.

btw: there is no vibrato crossfade in CSSS. It's a switch (CC value 1-63 off / 64-127 on).

4. OP
    OP
    col

col Senior Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Yes as Saxer pointed out cinematic studio solo strings vibrato has no cross fade - on or off.
    Thanks - showing my midi cc ignorance ....ended up assigning a control button to cc66 so I can um - sustain and vibrato at the same time....