What's new

VI-Control appreciation

AudioLoco

Hi there everyone. I am a new-ish member.
Just wanted to express how much I am liking the vibe on this forum.
Not only it is a place to find great information and suggestions, but also enjoy relaxed and aggressive-free attitudes.
I have been around other forums and I have to say this place is very civil and friendly from my short experience until now.
Nothing is perfect, and I imagine there are some frictions here too, but for being an internet forum it is really refreshing.

That's it!
Nice one everyone, you're all fab!
Have a great Black Friday!
:)

Welcome and I agree 100% with your comments! I am a member of a few other forums (some are for non-music topics) and the vibe and helpfulness of this forum is by far the nicest of them all. A really nice feeling of community.

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome and in the case of VI-Contral refers to the never-ending desire for more sample libraries. Can you ever have too many sample libraries?.....

Hear, hear — good thread! I'm also a fairly new member — have been lurking for a few months but only started posting recently. Thank you all who have been gracious with sharing their knowledge!

Now... back to my spreadsheet of BF wishlist (weird, somehow I keep nudging the budget up everyday).

Cheers.

Hi there everyone. I am a new-ish member.
Just wanted to express how much I am liking the vibe on this forum.
Not only it is a place to find great information and suggestions, but also enjoy relaxed and aggressive-free attitudes.
I have been around other forums and I have to say this place is very civil and friendly from my short experience until now.
Nothing is perfect, and I imagine there are some frictions here too, but for being an internet forum it is really refreshing.

That's it!
Nice one everyone, you're all fab!
Have a great Black Friday!
:)

posts like this make the world a better place!

stay safe,

shoutout from Switzerland!

There's a good balance between professionals and amateurs and everything in between, there are (almost!) no flame wars and feuds, it's informative, helpful, and has quality content and music. What's not to like?

I too am highly appreciative of this forum, both the earlier work of Frederik Russ, and now of Mike Green, our gracious host since a few years.

One of the things that I'm constantly impressed by is when new users show up asking a question that's been hashed over so many times, plenty of people are still happy to engage. Sometimes that's just pointing to a thread, but often it's having the same discussion over again without apparent exasperation.

The vast majority of posters here are kind, helpful folk.

I'm going to take this opportunity to add to the conversation by expressing the following.

Thank you for having the option to ignore both threads and people. While I truly appreciate this community, there are always people and topics that simply don't gel. As I am a proponent of 'turning off the tv if you don't like something' I am very happy about this.

How come this thread shows up in my Latest Posts, but I don't see a new post? Oh wait, I think I know what's going on ... it must be because some moron on my Ignore list posted recently.

:grin:

On a more serious note, yes, it's a great group of people here and I'm proud to be associated with it. Credit goes to Frederick Russ for putting it together. A short history of how the forum started is here.

I there a way to ignore everyone/everything? Might be cool - in a Twilight Zone/Omega Man kind of way - to be the last person on VI-Control... actually too creepy, not to mention the power of suggestion thingy.

I must say also that I've learned and "bought" probably more than I would've had I not been able to glean the wisdom from the exceptionally talented people that give unselfishly from their experience.

I’ve been here a bit over a year myself, and have received so much good advice as well as hopefully been able to provide some as well. The only caveat is that if you stick around here, you likely will spend some money, as I’ve heard of stuff on VI that I’d probably never have heard of any other way... so I guess VI is sort of a “gateway drug” of sorts to sample addiction.

For me, it’s been really fun - when I was younger and broke (and EWQL Symphonic Orchestra was new and frightfully expensive) I couldn’t dream of affording quality tools nor the equipment to run them. Now I produce samples myself and some of that profit helps feed my GAS addiction.:dancer:

Carry on.

Top Bottom