What's new

Versatile Choir

In addition to HW Choirs, I think Voxos would be able to cover a lot of situations as well.

Strezov's Wotan and Freya are my go-tos for more dramatic scenes, joined by the recently published Cinesamples Voices of War. I think though that the first two can also shine in more subtle usecases. Other than that, Fluffy Audio's Dominus Choir has a lovely tone and is very versatile.

I'm confused. Is your "just children singing" comment meant to imply that you're looking for a versatile children's choir (but one that is better than the ones you have heard), or are you looking for an adult choir? Also, maybe mention the ones that didn't impress you (and maybe why). Choir libraries vary considerably in their approach, so it's hard to know what to suggest without more context.

Dominus, Requiem Light, Olympus Elements ,Voxos ,8dio insolidus /I don't have personal experience with this one/ and basically every choir library by Strezov. I am sure that I am missing some but those come firstly in my mind.

HW Choirs does not have legato iirc so keep that in mind

Yep, I got a subscription plan by EastWest and found this out. The lack of true legato makes the library to sound unnatural at some points, but I also found out that using the word creator kind of makes the change between notes to sound more natural and compensates the lack of true legato.

The problem is if you're just using ohs and ahs or need to change the note inside the same syllable, but I think the library sounds pretty good apart from that.

Yep, I got a subscription plan by EastWest and found this out. The lack of true legato makes the library to sound unnatural at some points, but I also found out that using the word creator kind of makes the change between notes to sound more natural and compensates the lack of true legato.

The problem is if you're just using ohs and ahs or need to change the note inside the same syllable, but I think the library sounds pretty good apart from that.
I agree the library sounds pretty good, I have managed to get some half decent sounds from just ohs and ahs but it took a lot of midi massaging to get to that, and it was more work than I wanted to deal with on a regular basis :)

I really like Hollywood Choirs for my work.

[note: I have received free products from East West]

https://8dio.com/instrument-category/8dio-instruments-on-sale-vst-au-aax-kontakt-instrument-samples/

This may be the answer! What do people think of these libraries?

While I don't think it's sound is very good without soaking it in reverb, the word-builder does lend Eastwest Hollywood Choir great flexiblity.

https://8dio.com/instrument-category/8dio-instruments-on-sale-vst-au-aax-kontakt-instrument-samples/

This may be the answer! What do people think of these libraries?

Although I have never tried the 8Dio Choirs, the Epic Choirs Bundle looks like a good package, and the price is right.

I have and use several choir libraries and Venus from Soundiron, Lacrimosa from 8DIO and Dominus from Fluffy Audio are the ones I use the most.

Dominus, Requiem Light, Olympus Elements ,Voxos ,8dio insolidus /I don't have personal experience with this one/ and basically every choir library by Strezov. I am sure that I am missing some but those come firstly in my mind.

I maybe wouldn't put Storm Choir II on this list. Sure, it's great (I have it) but it's all molto vibrato. ;)

Top Bottom