What's new

VEPro7 - MIDI Octave Shift?

Saxer

I want to stack two instruments in two separate Kontakt instances in VEPro7. Those instruments are one octave apart so I have to MIDI-transpose one Kontakt instance. The instruments are for Kontakt Player with a hidden wrench so I can't move the mapping. Both Kontakt instrument get the same MIDI information. Is there a way to MIDI transpose in VEPro? Or is there a way to do this in Kontakt?

novaburst

why dont you pull it up or down in the midi editor after you have played your part, or is this a live performance

OP
Saxer

Saxer

why dont you pull it up or down in the midi editor after you have played your part, or is this a live performance
Because I want to play it as a combi-instrument. One DAW midi track sends the same data in realtime to two instruments in VEPro.

A.G

Or is there a way to do this in Kontakt?
There are a lot of ways to do it in Kontakt.
For example, click the Instrument "Spanner" icon and navigate to "Instrument Options" => Instrument => MIDI Transpose.

OP
Saxer

Saxer

There are a lot of ways to do it in Kontakt.
For example, click the Instrument "Spanner" icon and navigate to "Instrument Options" => Instrument => MIDI Transpose.
Thanks, but there is no "Spanner" as the instruments are locked (Kontakt Player Library).

EgM

Game music!
I've never used the Kontakt Player but isn't there a "Tune" knob in player? Put it -12 or whatever value you need?

A.G

Thanks, but there is no "Spanner" as the instruments are locked (Kontakt Player Library).
I see. I do not have any idea of the KP and do not have any time to install and learn it.
By the way which DAW do you use? I'm asking cause there is another alternative to use a real time transforming scheme I guess...

OP
Saxer

Saxer

EgM found the solution! Great! Thanks! Transpose button in VEPro! How could I overlook it?

Last edited:
Reactions: EgM
Top Bottom