What's new

Vepro7 Master/Slave Set Up

lalalauren678

Hey! I'm new here and looking for advice on my new computer set up. I am running LogicProX from my mac and just bought a PC to use as a slave to run all my samples off of via Vepro7. They're connected via ethernet.
When I bought Vepro7 it says "You need one Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 license per computer. For example, if you have two computers, one main and one secondary machine, you need just one license if you’re running one or more instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 on your networked computer only. If you’re running one or more instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro on both your master and networked machines, you need two licenses. Also, each computer requires one ViennaKey for authorization."

I had thought that meant since I just want to run that off my networked PC, I would only need one license, but now I can't get VST to show up in my Logic. Am I missing something, or do I need a second license for my master computer?

Thanks so much!

Hey! I'm new here and looking for advice on my new computer set up. I am running LogicProX from my mac and just bought a PC to use as a slave to run all my samples off of via Vepro7. They're connected via ethernet.
When I bought Vepro7 it says "You need one Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 license per computer. For example, if you have two computers, one main and one secondary machine, you need just one license if you’re running one or more instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 on your networked computer only. If you’re running one or more instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro on both your master and networked machines, you need two licenses. Also, each computer requires one ViennaKey for authorization."

I had thought that meant since I just want to run that off my networked PC, I would only need one license, but now I can't get VST to show up in my Logic. Am I missing something, or do I need a second license for my master computer?

Thanks so much!
Yes you need 2 Vienna Keys and each key must contain its own license code.

As long as you don't want to run a VEP instance on the DAW system as well you don't need an additional license/eLicenser. Just make sure to install the same version of VEP on both systems.

As long as you don't want to run a VEP instance on the DAW system as well you don't need an additional license/eLicenser. Just make sure to install the same version of VEP on both systems.
wait does this work to use the licenser in one machine to enable the other?

I really stupidly put the VEP license on my elicenser which also has my cubase license on it, elicenser doesn't let you put something back on a soft license once you've put it on a dongle, i'd love to be able to use the license on the main machine to license the slave machine.

Top Bottom