What's new

VEPro7 - After update cannot recognize server

MoeWalsaad

Hello, After I updated VEPro7 to 7.0.954, Cubase 10 is unable to recognize VEPro servers/instances. (locally)

However, if I open an old (Cubase+VEP) Template, the server is recognized and all seem okay at first, but If I want to create a new VEPro instance in Cubase, the server cannot be seen again.

also (maybe relevant) if I try to open my old templates on the newer Cubase 10.5, the whole computer freezes.

Please anybody knows what is happening?

Windows10
Cubase 10 pro and 10.5 pro
VEPro 7.0.954

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Did you try to connect instances manually? If you write the IP and the exact name of the instance, is you VEP7 plugin able to connect to the VEP7 instance?

Did you try to connect instances manually? If you write the IP and the exact name of the instance, is you VEP7 plugin able to connect to the VEP7 instance?
I just tried to do this, it created a new empty instance inside VEP, I'm able to add an instrument plugin and it worked, But I couldn't connect other existing VEP instances to Cubase.

Whenever I type the IP manually, it only creates a new empy instance in VEP. :(

I think I'm basically having your same problem for a while. Let's see if I'm right: you open an existing Cubase template or project, it connects fine to all your VEP instances. If you try to disconnect one of these instances, you're then not able to connect it back because the instance is not seen in your VEP plugin. Is it correct?
Be sure that you type the exact name of the instance you're trying to connect with, otherwise it creates a new one.
Let me know!

I think I'm basically having your same problem for a while. Let's see if I'm right: you open an existing Cubase template or project, it connects fine to all your VEP instances. If you try to disconnect one of these instances, you're then not able to connect it back because the instance is not seen in your VEP plugin. Is it correct?
Be sure that you type the exact name of the instance you're trying to connect with, otherwise it creates a new one.
Let me know!
Yes, this is exactly what is happening!

Then please try to write correctly the IP and the name, including the Capital letters!
Yes I wrote the Names correctly, It worked, seems all working fine now!
cannot thank you enough! :)

But still, how can I fix it so it shows without typing IP and Names manually? this didn't be the case before .

My pleasure!
I'm leaving with that since months since I found this way to solve it and I didn't have time to study the problem or contact the VSL support. Also I thought I was the only one having this weird problem!
May we take this chance to ask like @Ben if they know about this strange behaviour? :)

My pleasure!
I'm leaving with that since months since I found this way to solve it and I didn't have time to study the problem or contact the VSL support. Also I thought I was the only one having this weird problem!
May we take this chance to ask like @Ben if they know about this strange behaviour? :)
Thank you a lot, I was stuck and confused for days thinking I'm the only one having this issue! :)

I also wrote to the VSL support, but still waiting for their reply, if they give useful answers I will share them here.

Hi, I don't have seen any reports of this issue yet, but I was working on the release of our knowledge-base www.vsl.info the last week, so I did not read that many emails...
I will check this tomorrow with my colleagues. It will help much if you can send us a copy of the VEP and Cubase project files and state the exact version number of the Cubase version that works and the one that does not work, so we can try to reproduce this issue (to [email protected]). Also the OS and exact version of your system and the slave would be helpful.
Please pm me the case number you get via mail.
Thanks!

Have you tried out the latest update of VEP7? Is it still an issue with this version?
If that was me for me, then yes ! I had it perfectly working finr with VEP 6 and Cubase 10.5.
But after i upgraded to VEP 7, i cant see the VEP server instances in another host from within Cubase.
I tried by reinstalling VEP 6 (to go back to the previous setup), but then it did not work like it used to be.
Now im accessing those instances by typing in the IP address and the Instance name which IMO is a but cumbersome at this point. Hope there is some update which fixes this !!!

We released an update for VEP7 last week. Install it, go to the %appdata%\VSL folder and delete files "Vienna Ensemble Pro.ini" and "Vienna Ensemble.ini" (this will reset all your settings).
If the issue still isn't solved, please let me know.

We released an update for VEP7 last week. Install it, go to the %appdata%\VSL folder and delete files "Vienna Ensemble Pro.ini" and "Vienna Ensemble.ini" (this will reset all your settings).
If the issue still isn't solved, please let me know.

I have the same problem. I'll be glad to see the link for update.
My version is 7.0.973 (from 5th march). But the problem is still there.
is there some new updates released?

Same problem here...although sometimes I see my other machines and sometimes I do not...... Connecting to it with direct ip address does work.

I have the same problem. I'll be glad to see the link for update.
My version is 7.0.973 (from 5th march). But the problem is still there.
is there some new updates released?
Same problem here...although sometimes I see my other machines and sometimes I do not...... Connecting to it with direct ip address does work.

It would be nice for you guys to say what OS you are using,

From a PC point of view you dont need to configure any IP address if using a switch, the two machines will find each other, if Daisy chaining they will still find each other without any IP configuration.

Before opening VEpro make sure your machines can see each other buy looking at your network you can see your server machines name, or from your server you can see your master machines name.

I am sure this is the case with Mac too

Reactions: Ben
Top Bottom