What's new

VEPRO tuning issues

Amusics

Sometime last year, I started to have seemingly random pitch drift of some samples on my host. Thought it was some residual build up on my template. Mostly with Albion strings.

fast forward to today I finished a completely new template. Immediately having drift on some of my woodwind samples. It’s effecting Berlin WW and Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds. All kontakt based and all seem to be .24 cents flat. It also doesn’t effect all the samples.

Anyone else ever have issues with this?

I’m in logic as well.

Can you run midi monitor or something like that on your PC?
Just make sure that you don't have a controller plugged in somewhere that's sending random pitch bend material. I've had volume pedals go bad that way or other controllers that just kept sending midi and doing weird things. I'd try that first.

fast forward to today I finished a completely new template. Immediately having drift on some of my woodwind samples. It’s effecting Berlin WW and Spitfire Symphonic Woodwinds. All kontakt based and all seem to be .24 cents flat. It also doesn’t effect all the samples.

I’m in logic as well.
Kontakt, or SINE and the SFP?

Do you have a MIDI controller? Any other MIDI devices hooked up?

The Pitch Bend on the VEP Gui and instruments defaults to "63" I had a similar issue when I somehow inadvertently mover the P.B. up to 67 with some libraries. Maybe-----
g.c.

Sometime last year, I started to have seemingly random pitch drift of some samples on my host. Thought it was some residual build up on my template. Mostly with Albion strings.

I’m in logic as well.
Are they tracks that were midi enabled, or record enabled?
Did it happen to tracks you recorded or tracks that are just in your template?

Still sounds like it could be a faulty midi controller sending background midi pitch bend signals. I've had control pedals that if its not in the right spot it would send continues controller messages, like toggling between 124 and 126 forever. So maybe your keyboard pitch bend wheel isn't stopping on 64 its a little off and sending 68,69,68... and that's getting recorded into your woodwind tracks.

Yes y'all. Finally wrapped the other thing so I could come back to this.

Yeah, the MIDI controller seems to be the issue. Doesn't have pitch bend issues till I move the wheel then I just freaks.

Thanks for the suggestion!

~Andrew

Top Bottom