What's new

VEPro portable rig?

jjschieff

Anyone know how to set up and successfully run VEPro from a portable rig? In other words, distributing CPU between multipe systems but not a large desktop of course, a laptop and perhaps another portable system but not necessarily with another screen (like a Mac Mini).

Last edited:
I had a Macbook Pro with 16GB and SSD, and then a Mac mini i7 with 16GB and SSDs. Was a pretty good portable system. Depends how many tracks you wanna build up in your template. But you could possible get between 90-100 with this setup.

Recently stopped using PCs for live performances so I have 2 x 1U PCs and my Master will be in a 4U.
But I’m going to go with 4 x 1U PCs and the screen will be rack mounted into a POP up mixer ATA case.
I need to have a system running VEPro that I can drag to wherever I’m going to do some work.

Recently stopped using PCs for live performances so I have 2 x 1U PCs and my Master will be in a 4U.
But I’m going to go with 4 x 1U PCs and the screen will be rack mounted into a POP up mixer ATA case.
I need to have a system running VEPro that I can drag to wherever I’m going to do some work.
It would be great to see a few pics, and system specs of your rig. Are you using a touch screen monitor?

Soon it will be completed.
Audio/MIDI Interface had driver updates to Windows 10.
Bought Xeon W and Xeon C246 parts.
The new Chipsets have PCI Overflow during benching in Prime, so now I got 2 killer gaming rigs and these 2 rare NIB/NOS Z97m WS Workstation Boards with 4790k’s and 32GBs will be added for a 4U ATA with 4 x 1U PCs. Master PC is the Supermicro Q370 with a delidded i7 8086k which is pretty powerful.

Very coincidental these just arrived yesterday. Took 10 weeks to get them sent from Taiwan.

5E1EBD3C-3056-438B-A1B6-6695F19A857D.jpeg

Here’s an ASRock Rack Serverboard in the 1U Chassis I always use.
Great live rig and should be a great slave. Especially having 3 of them.

FFDDE023-3BAC-4497-9234-D24A138F2AE9.jpeg FBE7EEA3-5EEE-4DC2-9213-AAB65D3EA152.jpeg A4B62823-3854-46F2-9F90-681E53C4F069.jpeg

Awesome! thanks for sharing. I have thought about the blade PC concept, which is why your rig peeked my interest. Right now I am leaning more toward a couple larger cube PC builds...mostly because I already have the investment made in the machines.

My 6950x is a good machine, but I might have my hands on a 7980XE with 128gb ram in the near future. Getting it as repayment instead of cash...to help out the other party.

I have been running VEPro with mostly all on the local host. I tend to use PC slaves, just because I have them. However, I want my whole rig to be mobile since I am now using all the Waves DigiGrid IOXs in my studio and my live rig.

Top Bottom