VEPro keeps quitting

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by garyhiebner, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:39 AM.

Tags:
  1. garyhiebner

garyhiebner Senior Member

Jan 3, 2015
    My VEPro keeps quitting. I have the latest version installed, and I'm using Logic 10.4.2 as my DAW. I used to have a Mac mini quad as my slave and that used to run fine, and VEPro on there never seemed to quit. Now I have moved onto an iMac with more RAM and faster processor. But it seems to quit when running VEPro on the same machine as the DAW. Anyone else having this issue, and know a solution?

2. Mason

Mason Senior Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Send them a crash report. It’s really just their investigation that can find a solution.

3. fixxer49

fixxer49 Bouncing Consultant

Jan 13, 2013
    New York, NY
    • check your sharing & networking preferences on the new mac slave. (make sure they're the same as your previous setup)
    • did you assign a static IP?
    • is the iMac's wifi turned on or off?
    can you confirm that VEP only quits when you have it running on both machines?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 4:45 AM
  4. artmuz

artmuz Senior Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Finland
    Have you tried an e-licenser update?

fixxer49 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    No this is running VEPro on a single machine now, so not a master-slave setup.

fixxer49 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    Let me try an eLicensor update and see if that helps. Thanks

7. fixxer49

fixxer49 Bouncing Consultant

Jan 13, 2013
    New York, NY
    ah - sorry, i misread your original post.
    but here's another possible culprit: have you checked all your plugin folders (VST, AAX, Components, etc...) for old or unauthorized plugins that might be messing w/ VEP?

8. Pazpatu

Pazpatu Active Member

Jul 7, 2011
    France
    Each time I close a project in Cubase, VEP6 (hosted on a server) is crashing. But only if I have a Spectrasonics Keyscape instance in it
    Neither Spectrasonics nor Vienna were able to reproduce the problem...

9. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    Before I did the eLicensor update I tried to run the performance tasks when opening the eLicensor Control Centre and that kept quitting the application., So I updated the eLicensor Control Centre and now when I launch it it can perform the maintenance tasks. So you run VEPro after that and let it sit for a while connected to Logic and make sure its not quitting. Thanks for the suggestions. Will let you know if it works

10. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    Hectic, so it can definitely be a specific instrument or library as a problem. I will keep an eye out for that

11. Pazpatu

Pazpatu Active Member

Jul 7, 2011
    France
    Please tell me that I am not alone ;)

12. Vadium

Vadium Senior Member

Jul 21, 2017
    yesterday I has Vepro crash on my OSX 10.10.5 slave every time I create track with Plogue Bidule and after it I create track with Play 6.07. It starts after I has updated Play from 5 to 6.. But I need this version..

13. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I have that specific problem since years if I use VEP as a local host. I could never fix it. I think it started once I went from macos 10.9 to 10.11. no matter what I tried in the end Kontakt 5 seemed being the culprit in conjunction with the libraries I use. But this was just a wild guess as no one could help figuring it out.

Weirdly the same Kontakt 5 instances and libraries where running fine in logic.

I came to the conclusion not using vep as a local host and if I had to then not using specific libraries with it.

14. Vadium

Vadium Senior Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Are you tested to put Kontakt to Vepro in both types, VST and AU?

15. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Yes and I have no time for finding out what’s wrong any longer.

16. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
    If this is a recent issue (bug) you should be able to trace back to when you made a significant change, by adding to or any update that you made to you DAW, OS, or extra VST or library added.

I am working with VEPro 5, When UVI and Play 5 was in combination together in VEpro it would crash, but when UVI was by it self or play was by it self or with any other VST like kontackt, or V instrument it works fine.

I can only imagine this is the case with VE6 too, but the key is knowing when you made the change so you should be able to undo it.

17. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    Yeah I'm guessing its a local host issue as well, unless can figure out what library is the issue. Im going to try use VST against AU version of Kontakt. I have only bee using the VST version.

18. samphony

samphony Senior Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I tried that too. I think it all started after Kontakt 5.1 but I’m not sure anymore.

19. OP
    OP
    garyhiebner

Jan 3, 2015
    If you running it on a localhost? Im gonna try two things. Im going create a VEPro template on my master machine, and then another on my MacBook Pro as a slave and keep it running for a bit and see if both crash, to just the on on the master.

samphony likes this.