What's new

VEPro and VIs with arpeggiators, word builders

Evans

If I'm running VEPro and a library such as Audiobro Genesis (with its phrase builder) or anything with an arpeggiator or sequencer (such as Dystopian Guitars) on a non-DAW server, is the primary way to retain project-specific content to have them in a Coupled instance?

I know that some libraries like Genesis allow you to save phrases and load later, but that's obviously case by case.

Thanks!

Why don't you just save a Kontakt snapshot?
That would put me in the situation of 1) loading the template, 2) loading the project, and then 3) loading all applicable snapshots specific to that project, right? For one snapshot, it might not be an issue, but it seems like it could balloon fast.

For example, a project with six Dystopian Guitars instruments with unique settings (as was the case with something I had open this weekend) would require six snapshots applicable to potentially just that one project, and I'd have to remember to load each one of them each time I open that project.

So, yeah, Step 3 is where it gets annoying, but I suppose it's something to weigh against just having a Coupled instance for that project.

Good thinking, though! I appreciate the brainstorming. Balancing the ease of a template with flexibility is a chore.

...and then 3) loading all applicable snapshots specific to that project, right?
No, once you saved your Kontakt multi, it should always load with the last active snapshot.

You might be aware that there are several levels of being able to save things - micro to macro:
• Snapshots
• Kontakt Multi
• VEP Instance
• VEP server project
• Logic Patch (If you are on Logic and use Summing Stacks for example)

Thank you for the continued input. Perhaps I'll record a screen video when I've got more time, because that doesn't solve for the problem I have.

Funny enough, looking at Genesis, the latest snapshot appears as if it was loaded, but in name only.

That is, it's clearly visible as the selected snapshot in the Kontakt snapshot selector... thing... but, the saved attributes (such as the Phrase) don't actually load up unless I manually re-select the very same snapshot.

Either way, a snapshot wouldn't work in this case, because I don't want the latest snapshot to load for such an instrument in my VEPro template. It wouldn't be relevant to other projects that I may load up.

I'm thinking that a Coupled instance is the only solution here.

That must be a glitch in Genesis (I do not have that). But right now I am working with Dominus Pro in my template which also lets you put together phrases. I saved the snapshot and everything loads fine the next time when I load the template.

Now, what DOES sometimes happen is that VEP does not load the latest version of your saved Multi. There is apparently some weird caching problem going on that sometimes it loads an older version of your Multi. I have seen this several times and it is annoying when it does happen because so far there is no known fix.

Top Bottom