What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

After enabling a disabled instance, Kontakt is having trouble finding the Master bus outputs. I'm having to re-select the out1/out2 routing to get the instance to fully wake up.

The communication with the VEP plugin in Logic is reconnecting fine. I can see midi activity in VEP7, I'm just having to give the outputs a kick to get them going. Is this normal? I don't seem to remember ever having to do that in VEP6.

After enabling a disabled instance, Kontakt is having trouble finding the Master bus outputs. I'm having to re-select the out1/out2 routing to get the instance to fully wake up.

The communication with the VEP plugin in Logic is reconnecting fine. I can see midi activity in VEP7, I'm just having to give the outputs a kick to get them going. Is this normal? I don't seem to remember ever having to do that in VEP6.

That doesn't sound normal to me. Definitely should send this behavior in an email to VSL to have them look at it ([email protected]).

Well the number of instances and how many instruments in each also determines the mixing possibilities. I have all my VSL Strings in the same instance, so 1st violins always are routed to the same output and so on. I have all my solo strings in one instance for the same reasons.

Ok here's a serious issue with VEP7:

We've finally gotten around to installing VEP7 on our studio's 11 servers currently running VEP6). However it appears VEP7 has some issues with Windows Server, in that it will not install, reporting that wlanapi.dll is missing. Given that VEP6 works fine on Windows Server 2012, does anyone know what the problem is? Could it be that VEP7 isn't designed for Windows Server?

Any help here would be really appreciated :)

PS: I'll just add that VEP7 has installed successfully and is working fine on our dual-CPU PC-Workstations which run on Windows 10 Professional.

Well the number of instances and how many instruments in each also determines the mixing possibilities. I have all my VSL Strings in the same instance, so 1st violins always are routed to the same output and so on. I have all my solo strings in one instance for the same reasons.

Putting them in separate instances for organizational reasons is certainly something many people do. I did a few projects that way and as long as they are all playing at the same time evenly then your core usage will be fine, but if you ever have a situation where 1 or 2 instances are playing a lot and some other instances are quiet, then you’ll be underutilizing cores. That’s why a single instance scenario is much better at balancing the core usage.

You can still use separate busses and outs from a single instance to handle sections to their own dedicated audio channels. And folders to organize them. I feel now that is better approach due to the way vep is architected for multithreading

It’s also convenient to be able to load an instance as a section. No doubt about that. I guess channel sets are the alternative for when using a single large instance

Putting them in separate instances for organizational reasons is certainly something many people do. I did a few projects that way and as long as they are all playing at the same time evenly then your core usage will be fine, but if you ever have a situation where 1 or 2 instances are playing a lot and some other instances are quiet, then you’ll be underutilizing cores. That’s why a single instance scenario is much better at balancing the core usage.

You can still use separate busses and outs from a single instance to handle sections to their own dedicated audio channels. And folders to organize them. I feel now that is better approach due to the way vep is architected for multithreading
Make sense. But then, how do you manage automation in that case? I guess you enable channels as needed, within the instance. Which mean it use a huge range of predefined control for that specific instance, isn't?

VEP 7 build 7.0.807 is out.. also VEP 6 build 6.0.17966.

Thanks - for info:

VE PRO 7.0.807
• Fixed: Delay compensation of plug-ins that don't properly report latency changes to the host
• Fixed: Plug-in delay compensation not working
• Fixed: Instance staying disabled when starting a new project
• Fixed: Broken behavior when dragging automation entries
• Fixed: Instance color selector potentially appearing off-screen
• Fixed: VST2 VE Pro plug-in not passing time info (such as tempo) to the connected instance

Installed the update but no fix for me, I know they are working on it, I'll keep waiting. Now the behavior is even worst, I have to press play every time I need to do a change on kontakt UI.

Every time I move the focus from VEP to Reaper I loose the control on VEP. I really hope they fix this...

I have now been tinkering with the VEP 7 trial for few days and I'm not still sure what to do while the introductory offer ends tomorrow.
Basically I would be paying 120€ for smoother enabling/disabling automation from Cubase and losing one (currently unused) license.

Installed the latest VEP 7, load up the template, playback the recent score session, glitch and pop! Now rolling back to the VEP 6. I didn't touch any preference setting for the test run.

I didn't expect the result of worst performance of VEP 7.

No performance issues here on Win 10 and latest build. Needless to say it would take tracking down to find out the problem, holywilly.

I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6, running VEP on a single Mac Pro 6,1 (12 cores + 128GB ram) machine. VEP 6 is running flawlessly since the released. The session with only VSL orchestral strings plays perfectly fine on VEP 6, glitch and pop on VEP 7, I cannot take the risk using VEP 7 at the moment.

I'm on Mac OS 10.12.6, running VEP on a single Mac Pro 6,1 (12 cores + 128GB ram) machine. VEP 6 is running flawlessly since the released. The session with only VSL orchestral strings plays perfectly fine on VEP 6, glitch and pop on VEP 7, I cannot take the risk using VEP 7 at the moment.
Which plugins cause these glitches?

And only VSL instruments or any other?
Also, do you use the Audio Input plugin? I had issues with the latest update when using it, but rolling back to .799 worked for me.

TBH if hollywilly is mid-project, I'd forget it until there's a clear time. Troubleshooting when under the kosh is hellish - VEP 7 is great, but on existing project there's little benefit to upgrading (especially if you have performance issues), and it'll be a time-sink.

Top Bottom