What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

With decouple you will need to make sure to save your VEP7 project from the VEP7 window..all the information about what is in each channel on every plugin, etc..will not be saved in your DAW. That's why the filesize is now much smaller and its faster to save and load the DAW project. But make sure to save the VEP project and you will need to reload it later from VEP's menus before connecting with your DAW to it. There are pros and cons to using Decouple

Still on 5 (works flawlessly) with never a crash. The benefits just aren't worth the risk to me. BUT.... Does anyone know that IF I actually install what was purchased - if it behaves poorly I can GO BACK to VEP 5?

Still on 5 (works flawlessly) with never a crash. The benefits just aren't worth the risk to me. BUT.... Does anyone know that IF I actually install what was purchased - if it behaves poorly I can GO BACK to VEP 5?

I think this was already answered - essentially yes you can roll back to an earlier version, but make sure you don't save over any old frames in the new version or else you won't be able to reload them.

FWIW I think the difference between 5 and 7 is colossal. Given how fast they've been addressing fixes, give it a week or two and it should be pretty golden I reckon.

I think this was already answered - essentially yes you can roll back to an earlier version, but make sure you don't save over any old frames in the new version or else you won't be able to reload them.

FWIW I think the difference between 5 and 7 is colossal. Given how fast they've been addressing fixes, give it a week or two and it should be pretty golden I reckon.
Ok sound good. Should have final mixes out on current project in 2 weeks. Perfect timing. Thanks Guy. (just might update to Kontakt 6 - once this VEP 7 goes well) - bought them but just too chicken. :)

so if we upgrade from 6 to 7, we can roll back to 6 without issues? I thought I read somewhere that once you upgrade to 7, you lose your license to 6? can anybody confirm? I'm tempted to move to 7, but I'm also concerned that I'd be stuck in it if there's any issue. All of my template is made around 6, so I'd like to keep the ability to roll back if needed.

you still have your license for 6 that you paid for and its on your dongle...3 of them! No you don't lose those. Where did you read that? I think you will be able to go back if you want. But.. if you save any projects while using VEP7, those projects will not load up with VEP6. So it is a little bit one way street once you commit to it. You can certainly install it and try it out a while before you make a permanent decision.

For the most part VEP7 has been working for me, but I haven't tried to load all my plugins or really work with it much. I did notice that when the GUI is up it seems to suck a lot of overall CPU, not sure why, I'm interacting with VSL about it now, they don't believe me yet. Might be something I'm doing..

I do not think there is ANY rush for anyone to jump on installing this right away, especially if you're a working pro. wait for stability. There really are not any gotta-have-it new features, its just incremental usability improvements. Worth doing sooner or later, especially if you are not multi-server VEP user. But I'd wait at least a few weeks to install it, you're not really missing that much if you wait honestly. if I were a working professional I would probably wait months or longer to be honest. Might pay for it now to get the early price though!

I had CPU issues with VEP 6 on Mac OS when the GUI was shown for an instance actively playing. I raised a ticket with them last week about this but they went silent on my, probably due to getting VEP 7 released. I see the same thing on VEP 7 now which is a bummer

Interesting. The engineer has been responding to me on the VSL forum so i will try to continue conversing with him and send him some screen shots, maybe I'll try to make a video if I have to, but I have never done a screen record video before so not sure how. I never really noticed this until VEP7, its possible it was always doing that before on VEP6 as well and I only noticed it now. I specifically noticed after I got an an update for VIPro that enabled the articulation viewer thing to show up in the channel strips. Not that that means anything, because i only noticed it doesn't mean it wasn't happening before. But in any case 10-20% hit just for displaying some meter activity and the articulation names is really heavy handed, I hope they get to the bottom of it.

Here are screenshots playing the same project from DP->VEP7 at the same point on the timeline approximately... one when VEP window is showing and one when its minimized or hidden off to a hidden virtual desktop.....

showing.jpg hidden.jpg

(just might update to Kontakt 6 - once this VEP 7 goes well) - bought them but just too chicken. :)
I think some of us are waiting for K6 to go on sale...hopefully by summer. At least that's the thinking around here. So far only a few libraries that I have actually require K6 and the K6 player can run them...for now. VEP 7 shouldn't give you any serious grief now, but definitely wise to wait until the time is right to switch.

you still have your license for 6 that you paid for and its on your dongle...3 of them! No you don't lose those. Where did you read that? I think you will be able to go back if you want. But.. if you save any projects while using VEP7, those projects will not load up with VEP6. So it is a little bit one way street once you commit to it. You can certainly install it and try it out a while before you make a permanent decision.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I read it not so long after they announced v7 few weeks ago. But I may have read it wrong. Glad both can still work once you upgrade.

I'm fine with the saving though. That make perfect sense as new version usually introduce new features / functionality so it's more difficult to remain backward compatible without having to sacrifice some benefits. It's often the case in software dev.

Interesting. The engineer has been responding to me on the VSL forum so i will try to continue conversing with him and send him some screen shots, maybe I'll try to make a video if I have to, but I have never done a screen record video before so not sure how. I never really noticed this until VEP7, its possible it was always doing that before on VEP6 as well and I only noticed it now. I specifically noticed after I got an an update for VIPro that enabled the articulation viewer thing to show up in the channel strips. Not that that means anything, because i only noticed it doesn't mean it wasn't happening before. But in any case 10-20% hit just for displaying some meter activity and the articulation names is really heavy handed, I hope they get to the bottom of it.

Here are screenshots playing the same project from DP->VEP7 at the same point on the timeline approximately... one when VEP window is showing and one when its minimized or hidden off to a hidden virtual desktop.....

showing.jpg hidden.jpg
I added to the post over on VSL with the issue I've seen and quick video reproducing it. Hopefully it's the same/similar to what you're seeing.

you still have your license for 6 that you paid for and its on your dongle...3 of them! No you don't lose those. Where did you read that? ...
Is this also true for those who got a single VEP6 license when they pre-ordered 7 as a new user? I wonder if that is the source of the confusion.

Does V7 still require the MAS plugin version to access multi-port MIDI in Digital Performer?

I don't know if it REQUIRES the mas version but I'm using the MAS version of it right now as we speak and really liking it...very smooth. I will test out the other versions of it when I get a chance and let you know. I don't see why it wouldn't work

Is this also true for those who got a single VEP6 license when they pre-ordered 7 as a new user? I wonder if that is the source of the confusion.

no idea. I would guess they have one VEP6 license they can always revert back to if they want.

Does V7 still require the MAS plugin version to access multi-port MIDI in Digital Performer?

VST2 and AU works, but you're limited to 16 channels. The VST3 version I'm having trouble getting it past validation. MAS works great though. Why don't you want to use the MAS one?

Wake on Midi is going to become a real thing? Well shit the bed! That is fantastic news.

Now just NKS built into the VEPro plugin and that would be the Cherry on the Cake!

Sadly I did not found working midi fx plugins other than the cuild-in ones in Cubase.

There are plenty and most importantly there are scripting plugins that could be used to handle just about any articulation management task.

Top Bottom