What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

Same parameter names between daw and ve pro 7..”Click “Learn” and quickly identify the corresponding parameter in your sequencer, with its identical parameter name and values.”

question: can i enable / disble same midi channel in ve pro 7 from within my daw? Always wanted that.. it can save a lot of traveling time back and forth.

question: can i enable / disble same midi channel in ve pro 7 from within my daw? Always wanted that.. it can save a lot of traveling time back and forth.
I hope I got your question right: Yes, you can enable/disable Channels via parameter / MIDI CC.

Among other things, this announcement might indicate that they are a step closer to deciding on a release date.

Among other things, this announcement might indicate that they are a step closer to deciding on a release date.

From Paul Kopf on the VSL forum:

Beta-testing is going well, and we’re doing our best to make this version the most stable and comfortable .0 version we have every released. It’s also looking good for macOS 10.10 support.

Final steps in development will take some more time, and I’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Also, we’re hoping for a little miracle on the AU3 side of things. We’re quite close to making this a GREAT feature for all Logic users out there, and even if a new version of Logic is probably not released when VE Pro 7 is ready, we’re hoping for some crucial fixes that will make this feature work!

All the best from a busy busy busy Vienna,
Paul

Ok, time to preorder!

So, do I have to buy this and a Steinbreg dongle to have it working and fully functional, am I right?

Thank you.

One eLicenser "dongle" for each computer, yes.

Thank you, I'll use it only on one computer actually. I'm thinking that it could be very useful to build a more dynamic template.

Will the introductory price be available untile the release date?

EDIT

Another question: if I use the dongle with VEP 6 then can I use the same one for VEP 7 on the same computer?

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll use it only on one computer actually. I'm thinking that it could be very useful to build a more dynamic template.
It is! Even if you just use it to prevent loading all samples again after your DAW/ Sibelius crashed ;)

Will the introductory price be available untile the release date?
I think so. Normally VSL announces the final date before the price is going up. But my recommendation: Just buy it now (and start downloading the Epic Orchestra). It is definitely worth the price!

Another question: if I use the dongle with VEP 6 then can I use the same one for VEP 7 on the same computer?
The same dongle works.Just put your VEP 7 license on it. But it is not possible to run VEP6 and VEP7 side by side, because the VEP7 installation replaces your VEP6!

It is! Even if you just use it to prevent loading all samples again after your DAW/ Sibelius crashed ;)

I think so. Normally VSL announces the final date before the price is going up. But my recommendation: Just buy it now (and start downloading the Epic Orchestra). It is definitely worth the price!

The same dongle works.Just put your VEP 7 license on it. But it is not possible to run VEP6 and VEP7 side by side, because the VEP7 installation replaces your VEP6!

Thank you Ben, I'm just asking about VEP6 because I see that it is included with the purchase and maybe I could try to do some experiments with it while I'm waiting for VEP7. :)

I have got to admit that watching through the videos, these are some serius workflow improvements. The moitoring tools, new plug-ins and (something I have wait for ages on) the ability to disable single/plug-in formats HOORAY!

I am certinaly going to get it though, because I cannot imagine working without VE Pro.
The AU3 will be interesting to tinker with, though my humble beginnings of music life that bgan with Cubase caught up with me and brought me back to Cubase on Windows!

Aldo due to some hardware (CalDigit FASTA 6U3Pro) which Apple and Waves decided they were not going to support together anymore (shelled out £130 for). But that works fine with my Waves DigiGrid D on Windows :)

Disable Folders and entire Instances...sold.
I'm curious as to whether disabling instances will be faster than disabling single tracks / plugins (as I have one instance per Kontakt / PLAY instance). Either way, VSL has said that the overall disabling and enabling speeds have improved too! :D

While there seems to be some nice workflow improvements - I didn't hear any references to greater performance on streaming over the network (maybe a direct reference to those of use using Master + multi slaves.) For me that is the most important - not having to freeze midi tracks because the streaming occasionally chokes on more complex sequences. Did anyone else catch anything in this regard on the mini vids?

Reactions: JW
While there seems to be some nice workflow improvements - I didn't hear any references to greater performance on streaming over the network (maybe a direct reference to those of use using Master + multi slaves.) For me that is the most important - not having to freeze midi tracks because the streaming occasionally chokes on more complex sequences. Did anyone else catch anything in this regard on the mini vids?

For me it is also very important part and I also did’t hear anything about that, so we need to wait until we can download it and try it ourselves, unfortunately there is no other way:(

I am sold! Even if AU3 doesn't happen, there seem to be so many great new things and improvements here!

EDIT: Oh AU3 is there in beta. Cool!

I wonder if we are allowed to resell them one by one and if so what the fee from Vienna might be?
I’ve got six instances but use only four. Wouldn’t mind selling the other two. That is, if it’s possible and if the transfer fee will be less than €50 per plugin.
/Anders

a question to all one-pc-VEP users. Makes it really sense to buy VEP if you have one strong PC with 64gb?
Ich habe around 1800 tracks which works fine, but i freeze tracks all the time.
thx!

Top Bottom