What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

yes, but VEPro 6 and 7 are likely not compatible to each other. But still usefull if you dont need the special features of 7 in one instance. they should be able to run side by side I think.

Thanks, so i'll wait until there will be substantial infos about the features in VEPro 7...

maybe they have been testing it with new version of Logic Pro X, and are waiting for the release from Apple.... ;)

It's funny you say that, as the same occurred to me as a new version of Logic wasn't released as usual this year.

It seems odd that they wouldn't list plugin formats unless there were something they don't want to release yet.

Maybe VEPro will be integrated in Logic in some way, such as a 'VEP Track', which simplifies the routing, enable/disable etc.

Of course I'm probably just living in fantasy land!

They are not talking at all about. It's the first time I see an announcement for a new product with not one single word about it. First argument is some 'free' renewed old bank most people don't care about.

I don't really understand why some people are so upset about this. While its unusual for VSL to offer a pre-order on a product with little info, its not as if they're holding a gun to our heads. We'll all know in good time what VEP 7 will be before the price goes up. In the meantime, if Epic Orchestra strongly appeals, you can get it early. If it doesn't appeal, wait and see. I'm not sure why any of this is evidence that VSL have signed their corporate souls over to Beelzebub.

I don't really understand why some people are so upset about this. While its unusual for VSL to offer a pre-order on a product with little info, its not as if they're holding a gun to our heads. We'll all know in good time what VEP 7 will be before the price goes up. In the meantime, if Epic Orchestra strongly appeals, you can get it early. If it doesn't appeal, wait and see. I'm not sure why any of this is evidence that VSL have signed their corporate souls over to Beelzebub.

I can only speak for myself, but VSL's recent tactics smack of cash-grabbing.

The only thing we know about VE Pro 7 is that it has a higher version number (okay, and some integrated FX). Why couldn't VSL wait to sell the product until they actually had some useful information to communicate?

I can only conclude that VSL needs the money right now. Other (re-)releases of "new" products and unfixed bad products (Synchron Strings) only reinforce my opinion that VSL is doing what's best for its profits right now, not what's best for its customers.

Here's a quote from Paul @ the VSL forums:

"...we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days. It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close."

He also mentioned in an email that they are currently testing and fine-tuning the software, and that he's sure the decision to upgrade will be made easier, once we see the features introduced with VEPro 7.

Sounds very reasonable to me. I know it's a pretty crazy thing to consider in 2019, but maybe, just this one time, put the torches and pitchforks down and... wait? :roflmao:

The only thing we know about VE Pro 7 is that it has a higher version number (okay, and some integrated FX.)

Here's what I know about VE Pro 7: I know that it is likely to be a nice step forward because every other version has been precisely that. And when Paul Kopf tells me it will be, he has earned my trust that he is correct.

And remember, I am not a VSL fanboy. I have publicly stated many times that I am not been a fan of their libraries at all, but I am liking the Synchron stuff better.

Vsl has definitely made it clear they will separate as many people as they can from their cash if they can get away with it. There are no competitors so they can in fact get away with it, but people will still complain and it may catch up to them someday.

Regarding logic, people need to realize that logic will need to be changed in order to support a multiple port au3 plugin from vep. In logic you currently have a way to specify midi device and midi channel for the track but there really isn’t a way that I’ve ever seen to specify that extra dimension of ports. They use the word “port” to describe what are really midi devices. I don’t see a way to funnel midi events stamped with both port and channel into a single plugin instance, which would be the need.

Then logic will need to be able to pass that through the environment and so on and so on. It’s not trivial. I do not personally think that has been added to vep7 but I would love to be surprised.

Here's what I know about VE Pro 7: I know that it is likely to be a nice step forward because every other version has been precisely that. And when Paul Kopf tells me it will be, he has earned my trust that he is correct.

And remember, I am not a VSL fanboy. I have publicly stated many times that I am not been a fan of their libraries at all, but I am liking the Synchron stuff better.

And if likely becomes actually, that will be great. But there's no reason to pre-order a product for which virtually zero new features have been announced.

And I say this as someone who has spent five figures on VSL libraries.

Have to agree with Guy on this one. Their software has overdelivered for me in the past. I guess we'll all see what happens here.

I don't love all Vienna's policies, but then I don't love everything the other developers do either. Besides, how many of them has produced a product as amazingly free of errors as VE Pro has (mostly) been?

I say, innocent until proven guilty.

... you don't HAVE to preorder anything if you don't want to.
Purely as a matter of logic, that's true. But many of us don't have an extra 50 euros to throw away by skipping the pre-order price. I have the same complaint about IK Multimedia. They habitually withhold product details while the pre-order price is in effect. You literally don't know what you are pre-ordering.

I didn't get the impression that the upgrade price is a pre-order price. Its not showing that way to me when I look at their site logged in. I think the pre-order price is for new users, upgrade price will be the same now or later. There is no reason to upgrade now unless you are interested in EpicOrch2.

Let's see what they announce for new features.. if they will bring substantial workflow improvements I will gladly upgrade, though annoyed about the license reduction.

Purely as a matter of logic, that's true. But many of us don't have an extra 50 euros to throw away by skipping the pre-order price. I have the same complaint about IK Multimedia. They habitually withhold product details while the pre-order price is in effect. You literally don't know what you are pre-ordering.

Amazing.

I don't know how often people have to say this, so I'll try a really big red font to see if it helps.

DETAILS ON VE PRO 7 WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE THE END OF THE PRE-ORDER PERIOD

Bold too. Sadly it's not 1998, so I can't make it flash. Sorry.

Amazing.

I don't know how often people have to say this, so I'll try a really big red font to see if it helps.

DETAILS ON VE PRO 7 WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE THE END OF THE PRE-ORDER PERIOD

Bold too. Sadly it's not 1998, so I can't make it flash. Sorry.
According to Google:

No results found for site:https://www.vsl.co.at "details on vepro 7"
and

No results found for site:https://www.vsl.co.at "details on ve pro 7"

Also, it's not in the email I received from VSL. Where did you find this statement? Thanks in advance for directly me to the right place.

For the record if you are not a VEP customer yet, I think this is a pretty great deal to take advantage of, If I weren't already using it, I would be all over it. The entry point is much less now then it was in the past, with the ability to just get a single license. And FX will be included, something I think they should have done a long time ago. And if you want it, EpicOrch2 is interesting...and its on sale at the pre-order price. So frankly, if it were me and I didn't already have it, I would buy it right now at that pre-order price even if it didn't do anything new beyond what VEP6 does. Its a good price, great product. Lower entry price then ever before.

The upgrade price, however, is a different story, its higher priced then ever...and in that case most of us have no need or put much value on neither EpicOrch nor the Vienna Suite plugins..we have those bases covered already a long time ago...so...for upgraders...we need to see what is new to justify this rather expensive upgrade price, especially if we had any plans to use at least one remote VEP server...

I think if you are worried about the pre-order information in order to buy it as a new user, you're worrying too much, just get it. Upgraders aren't being offered a pre-order price, so makes sense to wait and see.

Last edited:
I think if you are worried about the pre-order information in order to buy it as a new user, you're worrying too much,
That's a valid point, especially in view of the fact that I would only need one license for my setup. Thank you. As I hinted earlier, I get distracted by similar experiences with other developers.

Top Bottom