What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

I wonder if it finally supports VST3 now that Steinberg has stopped supporting/granting developers licences for VST2?

Last edited:
What I miss in VEPro6 is midi plugin stuff like adjusting CC curves for layered libraries and simple transpose buttons. I would also be great to view different instances in one window and copy/paste channels and plugin settings between instances without saving/loading to disc. Hope it will be in VEPro7.

Full compatibility with Asio Guard would make me instant upgrade all 3 licenses. Separate midi port raise also. Otherwise, I really can't think of a feature making me shell out 165 for a utility app that I already have.

To me the big area to look for in VE Pro 7 is in advancing the automation and disabling functionality. Right now its possible to enable / disable instruments and automate them, but it is slow and clumsy to set up. They could add an auto-increment function to the automation set up page, and an ability to have ALL on a midi channel, not just one specific channel per command - those features would massively reduce set up time. They should add wake on midi, where any incoming midi note wakes up a disabled instrument - that alone might be worth the price of admission. Then add the ability to enable / disable whole instances, not just individual channels.

Really unimpressed with the Epic Orchestra 2.0 demos, I may well not even install the library given its vast size. The Synchronization of old stuff is just nuts.

I'm pretty sure you're gonna see AU3 support. look at the System Requirements page - one of the lines says 'Supported plugin formats tba ;)' Pretty sure that winky face is hinting at some nice new stuff

Hmmm. Purchased VEPRO 6 18 months and still have NOT installed (no real compelling reason and busy schedule) - BUT - if 'performance' were proven to be much better on 7 (across 4 machines) I'd do it yesterday. I don't need the samples.

It's possible that this Preorder--and maybe even VE Pro 7 altogether--is aimed more at attracting new users than the existing owners of Version 6. If they wanted to get people to upgrade, they would mention some features that would make that worthwhile. But they haven't done that yet. So far, they are pushing Epic Orchestra 2.0 and the Synchron Player.
https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Ensemble_PRO/Product_Info#!Video_Demos

I suppose time will tell about this. It does say on the VSL site: Stay tuned for more information coming soon!

I have been considering getting VE Pro to run on my single computer, but until yesterday the best price was $285 (at Time+Space) for three licenses. The best price I've ever seen is $220. I didn't need it to the tune of $285, but it was in the category of "nice to have." It's probably smart to have my template built with VE Pro so that an addition of a slave computer would be painless.

Today I have the opportunity to get started with VE Pro for $159 (AudioDeluxe). Plus I'm sure I will find many useful things in Epic Orchestra 2.0, which they are selling for about $120 on its own. It's definitely a better deal for me (who has never spent a cent on VSL products) than for all of you loyal VSL customers.

From VSL's perspective, my purchase may lead me to buy another license and perhaps other VSL instruments. And like all of you, I will be then put in the position of buying expensive upgrades.

Last edited:
Based on my experience with Synchron Strings, I would recommend not pre-ordering anything from VSL. Wait for VE Pro 7 to be released, and try the demo.

Epic Orchestra 2.0 isn't a comprehensive collection, and being able to download it now isn't a compelling reason to pre-order VE Pro 7 except for the most sample-starved composer. And if you're a sample-starved composer, you probably don't need VE Pro in the first place.

The Epic Orchestra is a separate download, so you do in fact have that option.
No, you don't. You don't have to install it, but if you buy VEPro it is included in your license.

I think we should see it as follows: It is bonus material for potential VSL instruments customers. Bonus as in "you don't pay for it" and "it's a gift on top of the product itself".
The development of such software like VEPro is really expensive; so I fully understand if they can't lower the price, even if they would exclude the Epic Orchestra. The making of Epic Orchestra 2.0 is not that complicated and expensive for VSL and it is not good enough to hurt their instruments business. It's just a marketing move.

Last edited:
No, you don't. You don't have to install it, but if you buy VEPro it is included in your license.

I think we should see it as follows: It is bonus material for potential VSL instruments customers. Bonus as in "you don't pay for it" and "it's a gift on top of the product itself".
The development of such software lile VEPro is really expensive; so I fully understand if they can't lower the price, even if they would exclude the Epic Orchestra. The making of Epic Orchestra 2.0 is not that complicated and expensive for VSL and it is not good enough to hurt their instruments business. It's just a marketing move.

Well, I completely agree with you. As I wrote in the thread on the VSL forum, the Epic Orchestra is a promotional giveaway, given in hopes that it helps create Synchron library customers.

So if it's "included free," you already are not paying for it.

Reactions: Ben
Well, I completely agree with you. As I wrote in the thread on the VSL forum, the Epic Orchestra is a promotional giveaway, given in hopes that it helps create Synchron library customers.

So if it's "included free," you already are not paying for it.

Seems to me this upgrade is more expensive then the V5>V6 was (??). I was being a bit sarcastic in asking for a reduced price and no 'free' stuff included as I have little interest in the stuff they are tagging on.

I don't really remember what the 5 > 6 upgrade price was, but as a single license user 75 euros does seem a bit more...not sure. The kicker is for those who need multiple licenses. This is an extra expense both now and in the future, assuming this is a watershed policy change.

I went ahead and pre-ordered. I still have some trust that it will be worth it; hope I'm not disappointed. It is strange (to say the least) that they released the pre-sale before ANY significant information of what new features the upgrade contains. I did not participate in the Synchron rollout. I know a lot of people felt burned by the extreme length of time before the product was released and, for some, by what they felt like was a lack of quality in the new libraries. I hope I don't feel this way. I don't want my trust in VSL undermined.

I must say I did take significant advantage of the current 2+2 sale on VI single instruments, so I'm banking on VSL's future.

Top Bottom