What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

rhye

On windows 10 as well....and I can confirm in my case it loads probably 75% slower and close times can take over 10 minutes when it usually is less than a minute on VE PRO 6. This has been reported in detail to them with very little response. Judging from another users post on Vienna's site I do think it has to do with certain instruments and even more specifically maybe certain kinds of patches in instruments.

In my case I identified that I use a tremendous amount of HALion 6 and HALion Sonic SE instances, and when the patches utilize a convolution effect (either the convolution reverb or the amp vst which is convolution based) the initial connect time is very long only the first time then it behaves as normal. I thought this might be a Steinberg specific issue but last week this behaviour was reported by someone who does not use any HALion instruments. So it is possible that this is all related to the issues I am seeing in VE PRO 7.
My template opens up with everything disabled, so in my case I don’t think it has anything to do with a specific plugin. They are mostly Kontakt anyway....

Sample Fuel

My template opens up with everything disabled, so in my case I don’t think it has anything to do with a specific plugin. They are mostly Kontakt anyway....
That does question whether it is a specific plugin or not. In my case I still suspect it might be plugin related. I can see some of the instances connect fast while a couple of them seem to take a long time. When I get more time I will try to investigate a bit more but I am not confident I will be able to pin point my issues.

LinusW

VEP itself has a VST3 version, but itself cannot host VST3 plugins (for now). But they are working on this feature, it just didn't make it in the first release. We have just to wait for an update in near feature :)
I need to host VST3 badly. Must have. Just take my wallet and fix it. @azeteg hurry!

Dewdman42

hopefully they will, but VST3 hosting is a big change from VST2 programmatically. If they didn't do it in VEP7, I doubt it will happen in VEP 7.1. Maybe Vep8. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Top Bottom