VEPro 7 now available!

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Ben, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Danielle at some point in the future vep7 will include an AU3 version of the regular vep plugin, which will support multiple midi ports. Their vst3 plugin already does but it’s not supported in logicpro. I suspect logicpro will need an update to support multiple midi ports in AU3 also. So we have that to look forward to but it may be a while, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s still years away.

Another option is the multiport environment based templates that provide a way to handle more then one midi port into a single vep instance by using environment objects that insert cc99 events in front of every note to indicate port and then the vep plugin translates it back to port routing in vep. That actually works way better then the event input plugin, which I would avoid. You can find those here to try out: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=137085

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    DANIELE likes this.
  2. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member

Thank you, I'll look at it for sure.

3. OP
    OP
    Ben

Ben Active Member

Dec 22, 2017
  4. LinusW

LinusW Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Kalmar, Sweden
  5. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member

6. hdsmile

hdsmile Member

Dec 12, 2015
    yeah video walkthrough will be great!

7. OP
    OP
    Ben

Ben Active Member

Dec 22, 2017
  8. Did they add some kinda of auto (wake) enable track on midi activity or do you still have to faff about with midi cc's in DAW ?

9. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have been beta testing it and I like it. I have not tried the VM1 beta yet.

wbacer likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Ben

Ben Active Member

Dec 22, 2017
    You can now map the enable/disable to the parameter. Even for entire folders.

11. Gerd Kaeding

Gerd Kaeding Active Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Berlin
    Just installed it , but haven't worked with it so far .

But when loading my Standard Setup ( Mac ; OS X 10.13.6 ; PLAY6 Libraries only ) I noticed that - compared to VEP6 - this setup loads within 3minutes instead of 4minutes , and according to ACTIVITY MONITOR my system is using slightly 4GB less RAM ( 49GB compared to 53GB ).

12. So no way to use a standard key command in DAW or auto enable on midi ? it still has to be done over midi correct ?

13. Markus Kohlprath

Markus Kohlprath Active Member

Mar 3, 2013
    This i
    This for me has much more value than all that epic orchestra or the plug ins. Hope it will be the same with my system.

Gerd Kaeding likes this.
  14. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
  15. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member

Great, I missed this!!

So you still have to use an automation to enable a track or a folder, am I right?

Did they manage to find a way to open directly the interface with a chosen instrument in focus?

16. wbacer

wbacer Senior Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Anyone tried Testflight, the iPad app? I don't see it listed in the Apple app store.

17. Raphioli

Raphioli Active Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Since you're on a Mac, if this is true with Windows as well, it'll be worth the price at least for me.

Gerd Kaeding likes this.
  18. JEPA

JEPA Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Germany
    pluginscan is failing to recognize a lot (3..) of VSTs... :(

19. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    What is it actually?

20. wbacer

wbacer Senior Member

Feb 4, 2014
    It's an iPad app that controls VEPro 7. Check it out on the VSL site.
    It's not available on the app store yet since it is still in beta. In order to get a copy of the beta you have to email Montreal Music Labs and request the beta copy.

Shad0wLandsUK and Gaffable like this.