VEPro 7 now available!

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Ben, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    The main benefit is still that you load your vepro templates once, and from your daw you switch to any track you work on without reloading all the instruments.

If that suits your workflow then yes, I would suggest using vepro.
    Generally vepro is also ram & cpu friendly, but that may vary from each system and windows/osx

2. JeffvR

JeffvR Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Plus, your project file size remains small. A couple of MB instead of hundreds of MB's

Saxer likes this.
  3. hdsmile

hdsmile Member

Dec 12, 2015
    yes of course, + if you have Slave-PC and use a lot of different libraries especially such a heavy lib. as Hollywood Platinum.. + some Plugins as VSL-MIRpro etc... then your DAW just feels free:)

4. Oliver

Oliver Active Member

ok sold :)
    i think i must buy ...
    anyway as an Austrian, it's a must ;)

wcreed51 likes this.
  5. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

The instance vertical list is a very good idea. Wish NKS would be incorporated into VEPro and have no idea how much work that would be (if possible) but what's been revealed so far are easily good enough reasons why I will upgrade to v7. Going from 3 licenses to 1 license and having to then pay for another 2 just to have what I already have is a bit of a slag but such is life I guess.

6. hdsmile

hdsmile Member

Dec 12, 2015
    +100%, is just pulling money:(

Dewdman42 likes this.
  7. dgburns

dgburns splunge

Nov 4, 2012
    AU3 is only 48 channels, so I guess that means 3 ports of 16 midi channels ? Good, I'm sure to get better, but not up to Cubase's 16 ports. Wonder why?

The vertical instance tab option- good start, now let's hope we can make it the size of a text list...

Disable/Enable channel should be HARDCODED and a pref set up to assign to a midi cc and/or keycombo. Don't know about all you guys, but having to setup the automation map for each instance is a time consuming affair for this particular feature.

Still feels hard to swallow the change in how you buy compared to the older get 3 instances. The update just got pushed down the 'must buy' list for me.

But I applaud the continued effort to develop this app.

JT3_Jon likes this.
  8. resonate

resonate Member

Sep 23, 2008
    BETA AU3
    With up to 48 MIDI Ports (= 768 MIDI channels) per instance, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is the first AU3 plug-in on the market.

Not fully functional yet, workaround for testing and a first impression available.

9. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The beta totally screwed up Logic AU validation on my rig.

10. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    Yepp, makes sense.

11. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Very strange to hear that AU3 is 48 channels, where did you hear that?

Asher, are you able to test the AU3 because of being a private beta tester for vsl? Were you ever able to get it to work?

12. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member

This is another reason for which I bought it, my templates is 900 MB large and every new project I save is 900 MB that I add on my HDDs.

13. Shad0wLandsUK

Shad0wLandsUK Senior Member

Feb 20, 2016
    London, UK
    I am certain this was a misunderstanding of the reference
    Because I believe @dgburns meant 48 Ports since that is what is stated in the forums on VSL

14. dgburns

dgburns splunge

Nov 4, 2012
    @resonate oh crap, You're right, I read that wrong. That's actually awesome!
    @Dewdman42 -I stand corrected.
    @Shad0wLandsUK - I actually read 48 channels, much happier to know it's 48 ports.

That'll learn me from reading stuff when it's waaaay past my bedtime, lol

15. VEP6 update was 66€ with 3 licenses... today I must pay 75€ for just one?

16. hdsmile

hdsmile Member

Dec 12, 2015
  17. It seems that the price has multiplied three times for former users. Surely VSL knows that this fantastic software is essential for our jobs

18. OP
    OP
    Ben

Ben Active Member

Dec 22, 2017
    That's incorrect. If you bougth the Update to VEP6 for 66€ you got an insane deal. I bought VEP6 Update with introduction discount for 128€. Yes, the update got more expensive for those who still need 3 licenses (75+45+45 = 165€), but that is still far from multiplied; and don't forget the included plugins from the Vienna Suite Pro!

19. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I dunno, but the way things are panning out, I do not see VEP7 as essential at the price they want for it. It has some nice additions, but hardly worth ~$150 for me (for two licenses). it may not be tripled, but its definitely a rather sharp increase in upgrade price if you want all three licenses that you bought originally to be updated. I paid $235 for VEP6 about a year ago. Yes it was on sale. But it was only a year ago and now they want nearly as much as that in order to stay current with the latest VEP7 improvements. This is not disputable. Its merely a matter of whether you can justify spending that much again for your own personal situation, which for me, I don't see enough improvement to warrant the cost.

Maybe if the update goes on a better sale later, but we shall see. If they get Apple to cooperate on AU3 and are able to bring multi port operation to LogicPro, that would be worth the cost sooner, that would be immediate buy for me. The FX look lovely but are really not interesting to me, I already have numerous third party solutions for that. The workflow improvements are definitely nice little improvements, but I see most of them as little improvements. Many people will upgrade because they always want the latest and they will do it blindly without even knowing what is coming, as can be observed here on this thread many people who upgraded just to support VSL, and that is a perfectly legitimate point of view, but so is the POV that the value has to be there to get my dollar.

20. EgM

EgM Game music!

Nov 8, 2015
    NB, Canada
    I also paid this. You’re aware you don’t have to buy everything from VSL directly right?