What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

The plastic used on e-licensers is utterly cheap and brittle, which is so frustrating, when I used a laptop more-so a few years ago replacing it was a common occurance due to bits splintering off.

Two of mine are held together with super glue and clear shipping tape. :cautious:

At least they still work though so not a totally lost cause... but indeed... For the price the quality of these are garbage and the price is seriously dodgy.

I replaced mine recently out of caution - even though it's never left my basement and hardly ever been unplugged, it started to feel a little fragile.

Is there any reason why Vienna went with E-Licenser rather than iLok?

Two of mine are held together with super glue and clear shipping tape. :cautious:

At least they still work though so not a totally lost cause... but indeed... For the price the quality of these are garbage and the price is seriously dodgy.

Still using mine from GS4 and one with GVI.

$100s / $1000s worth of samples / libraries / software on sticks that can break easily :( hoping they come up with a more secure solution soone
which is crap since there is no info on VEP 7 still, I have a feeling they’ll show the features ON the 28th perhaps :/

I am a hobbyist who just bought VE Pro for the first time and it is easily one of the best purchases I've ever made for composing on the computer. So I would say to any new user who is having sleepless nights about dongles--just get it. You will be so happy you did.

That said, it isn't the easiest thing to learn. I recommend this video by Dirk Ehlert and this course which you can get by signing up for a month of Groove 3.

The EPIC ORCHESTRA!!!!!! had exactly 0% effect on my decision to buy VE Pro. It's a freebie and like all freebies I may find some uses for it. But it is taking a lot of space on my hard drive and I expect I will delete a lot of it. The taiko has already flown the coop.

In terms of VSL, I think I can say that like hundreds or maybe thousands of other people, I would send a lot of money their way if they would change their dongle policy, but I expect they won't. It's their prerogative to run their business the way they see fit.

VSL makes extraordinary instruments and Paul Kopf has been really nice in his emails, but I'll scrape by somehow with the Cinematic Studio Series, Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, and the rest. I suspect VE Pro is the only product I will ever buy from them unless they change their policies. But it's a wonderful piece of software and I am very grateful that they created it.

As someone who's been arguing there's nothing to be alarmed about in any of this, the Taiko promotion makes me alarmed. The situation was - pre release discount, no info on VE Pro 7 but it will come before the discount ends, so nothing to lose by just waiting. No dramas, nothing to be concerned about. That has now changed. After the pre-order period has started (I'm presuming those already ordered will also get it?) there is just a few days to get another goodie. There is no prospect of getting more info on VE Pro 7 during this time.

Why introduce this AFTER the initial pre-release? And why such a short window? (FWIW I asked VSL Paul these questions on their forum, but he declined to answer). For the first time I'm seeing the desperation - its very hard not to conclude that they need people to sign up before they know what they're signing up to. Which can only mean VE Pro 7 itself will prove disappointing.

The only thing to mitigate - for people like me uninterested in Epic Orchestra, they will also likely be uninterested in the Taiko. But it's the window into the possible VSL panic that bothers me. Hopefully all this is nonsense and - not for the first time - I'll be proved wrong.

I think it's just an overreaction after the Synchron-Strings-Player-Delay-Drama. Paul wrote in one thread that they are now very cautious with information about unreleased software to prevent such marketing desasters.
The early release of epic orchestra is just marketing for VEPro, but they are in fear of telling about features and then not delivering some of them because of technical problems.

As someone who's been arguing there's nothing to be alarmed about in any of this, the Taiko promotion makes me alarmed. The situation was - pre release discount, no info on VE Pro 7 but it will come before the discount ends, so nothing to lose by just waiting. No dramas, nothing to be concerned about. That has now changed. After the pre-order period has started (I'm presuming those already ordered will also get it?) there is just a few days to get another goodie. There is no prospect of getting more info on VE Pro 7 during this time.

Why introduce this AFTER the initial pre-release? And why such a short window? (FWIW I asked VSL Paul these questions on their forum, but he declined to answer). For the first time I'm seeing the desperation - its very hard not to conclude that they need people to sign up before they know what they're signing up to. Which can only mean VE Pro 7 itself will prove disappointing.

The only thing to mitigate - for people like me uninterested in Epic Orchestra, they will also likely be uninterested in the Taiko. But it's the window into the possible VSL panic that bothers me. Hopefully all this is nonsense and - not for the first time - I'll be proved wrong.
Starting to think perhaps their Synchron investment is putting them in a hole. Explains a lot of their actions lately.

I would be gobsmacked, stunned, knocked to the ground in disbelief if everybody who reads VI:Control and all current VE Pro users do not already have 2-20+ taikos that sound as good or profoundly better than this one. If you are not attracted by Epic Orchestra 2.0, then boy do you not need to sweat this. A euphonium maybe, to go with your Oboe d'Amore, Cornet, and Wagner Tubas, but not this.

I see no reason not to trust Paul Kopf and believe that the VE Pro 7 intro promo offer won't end without a good warning (ie not Feb 28/tomorrow) and I am confident that nobody will lose their chance to take advantage of the discount by waiting to find out what the new features are.

So it looks like the Taiko offer is going to expire with absolutely no real info about what's in v7.

I can't understand why they don't see how this looks - especially after the issues with the Synchron Strings launch. Have they learnt nothing ?

Classic_TV_Poster_-_X_Files_-_Mulder_-_I_Want_To_Believe_d8463576-83a1-47c7-bd5d-eae6bae46d14.jpg

So it looks like the Taiko offer is going to expire with absolutely no real info about what's in v7.

I can't understand why they don't see how this looks - especially after the issues with the Synchron Strings launch. Have they learnt nothing ?

Classic_TV_Poster_-_X_Files_-_Mulder_-_I_Want_To_Believe_d8463576-83a1-47c7-bd5d-eae6bae46d14.jpg
Seems not Mike, which is odd since you'd think they'd give a feature list at least before the offer is over? as people mainly want to buy VEP 7 and not Epic Orch 2.0

It´s pure speculation but maybe they got in financial problems since the fiasco with their synchron strings as I can only imagine that it did cost them a lot of money to produce that library which I have my doubts that it even break even financially. Probably they try to create some cash flow with low risk(also with their re-imaged synchronized products). But sure..speculation...still I often see people selling their old VSL stuff and barely see threads here around raving on their recent releases, mostly from the last 2 years. But I hope I am wrong.

I would be gobsmacked, stunned, knocked to the ground in disbelief if everybody who reads VI:Control and all current VE Pro users do not already have 2-20+ taikos that sound as good or profoundly better than this one. If you are not attracted by Epic Orchestra 2.0, then boy do you not need to sweat this. A euphonium maybe, to go with your Oboe d'Amore, Cornet, and Wagner Tubas, but not this.

I see no reason not to trust Paul Kopf and believe that the VE Pro 7 intro promo offer won't end without a good warning (ie not Feb 28/tomorrow) and I am confident that nobody will lose their chance to take advantage of the discount by waiting to find out what the new features are.
I did think about this @TigerTheFrog and then I realised that I have almost all of 8Dios drums (including the Taikos now) and EastWest SD3 and others too... so no need for Taikos! ;)

But it took the comment you wrote earlier today for me to realise that. Shows how marketing panic works on all of us in some way :/ I don't like this manipulation game one bit

And yet, I am so fond of VE Pro

funny thing is, I do love VEPro, and I was all set to vote with my wallet, two licenses is all I need, and I can afford it. I probably won't use the included library, but you never know.

Then the taiko - that was a deal breaker for me, I will now wait to find out what's in VEPro 7, I don't need another Taiko...

Yea. I don't really understand why VSL is so motivated to get people to buy something sight unseen without enough information about what it will be. All we know really is that it will have some channel FX built in now. aside from that nothing. That's all fine, we can all wait..but why the urgency to get us to pre-order? I think mainly they are trying to attract new buyers at the moment.

They could have handled this all a lot smoother if they had instead offered a VEP6 purchase deal to attract new users, offer the new single license price to get VEP6 with automatic upgrade to VEP7 when it comes. Trying to lure the rest of us into upgrading without even knowing what it is...well its kind of annoying to say the least. And throwing in the bait of the taikos...makes me nervous that there won't actually be all that much to VEP7. But honestly there could be nothing to this, other then poorly planned marketing.

I'm still not over the 3 license to 1 license slap down though.

I think I am reading it wrong but the 45eur upgrade per license is a preorder price?
So if we don´t preorder, to keep a similar config than VEP6 it would cost 225Eur?

Top Bottom