What's new

VEPro 6 dropping instances/ Plugins in RED

kurtvanzo

Capt. Zorro
My Choir templete in VEPro 6.0.16502 (newest) has dropped all it's Komplete instances (about 20) yet Omnisphere and Play instances remain and play fine. Also the output routing on all the VE Pro channels have been removed.

The weird part is I went back through ALL my backups of these sessions (about 20 in all) and ALL of them have the same issue. I've had these sessions opening fine just a few months ago, so I'm assuming it's VE Pro 6 causing this issue (My DAW has been on the same version for 2 years now, but VE PRo has been updated a few times in the last 6 months).

Has anyone else had this happen? I want to make sure there is no workaround before rebuilding the entire templete- which will take me a while because it's mostly KK instances and includes all my solo voices, which are in a separate VE Pro instance but has the same problem. Probably 60 Kontakt instances to refind and reload. Luckily I label all my midi tracks with the nki names, so it should only take me a week or so. ;)

Last edited:
OP
kurtvanzo

kurtvanzo

Capt. Zorro
Update: I did some digging and found the issue. Although my VST's were working properly, I must have loaded these instances as AU plugins, which I thought were fine, but had an alias file instead of the real thing, so VE Pro did not scan it properly. Apparently older sessions had the plugin in RED, then in these sessions VE Pro removed the plugin all together, along with all of my kontakt instances. Once it was opened emptied, it seems to have deselected the output as well.

If you find plugins in red or missing, check your plugin folders for Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, or whatever is missing, as a VST as well as AU (if on mac). And alias's won't work. Until the plugin is found don't open and resave the session, work on a copy if you need to, but the original session will open properly if the plugins are all in place. Cheers.

Top Bottom