What's new

VEP7 Special Offer

A great deal for sure!

A couple of questions:
If I upgrade to 7, will this remove my licences for 6?

Also, will a license for 7 allow me to download and open 6 if I wanted to revert back?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm tempted to buy on impulse, but VEP-newb question: the website says

Free & without a key* - Try the keyless demo now!

Is only the demo keyless and a Vienna key is still needed for a full license? Or is it possible now to use VEP keyless?

Edit: ah, when I add to basket it says "Please note that you need a ViennaKey (or any other eLicenser USB key, e.g., Steinberg Key) to run this product."

Well, the need to wait for something to ship and be delivered before I can use it has cured me of my impulse buying inclination. :)

If you do a slave configuration, do you have to have VE Pro on both machines? That means you need two licenses?

Asking because I've been thinking about doing this with my old computer.

so for a while now i've been working with intracubase templates like the spitfire bbcso template, and managing the disabled/hidden states on a per articulation basis. seems to work pretty well.

does vep7 improve this workflow?

If you do a slave configuration, do you have to have VE Pro on both machines? That means you need two licenses?

Asking because I've been thinking about doing this with my old computer.
Only the VE Pro Server instances need a license.
The DAW plugin that connects to it doesn't.
So you can go with one license.
I think that information is somewhere buried in the FAQ page.

Only downside is you have to edit your VE Pro instance on the slave, because you can't open it on your main machine without a license. Or you swap the dongle to your main machine while editing the VE Pro instance. Or you are fine with editing it on your slave.

So you can go with one license.
I think that information is somewhere buried in the FAQ page.

Only downside is you have to edit your VE Pro instance on the slave, because you can't open it on your main machine without a license. Or you swap the dongle to your main machine while editing the VE Pro instance. Or you are fine with editing it on your slave.
Thanks. That should work then. At least to start. I may find using a slave is too much of a pain for me as a hobbyist.

I'd double check on that. I have a license for VE Pro on my slave machines. Now that was from a number of years ago, so the requirement might have changed. But in the past you definitely needed a license for slave machines.

However, IIRC, the basic price includes three licenses. So you can run VE Pro server on a master and two slaves with one purchase. If you run more than three servers you need another license.

rgames

Thanks. That should work then. At least to start. I may find using a slave is too much of a pain for me as a hobbyist.
Per my post above - check whether you do need a license for a slave machine. I think you still do, but you get a few licenses with the basic purchase.

Also, since adding slaves my workflow is much simpler and vastly more efficient. I go back to a single machine every now and then and always wind up going back to a master+slave setup.

rgames

I'd double check on that. I have a license for VE Pro on my slave machines. Now that was from a number of years ago, so the requirement might have changed. But in the past you definitely needed a license for slave machines.

However, IIRC, the basic price includes three licenses. So you can run VE Pro server on a master and two slaves with one purchase. If you run more than three servers you need another license.

rgames
The Slave machine is the Server and it requires the license.
And the base price only includes one license (but the prices have dropped from VE Pro 6 to 7).

Just looked it up. It is clearly stated on the FAQ page of VE Pro, that the DAW computer does not require a license (edit: as long as you don't want to run a server on this machine too).

The Slave machine is the Server and it requires the license.
And the base price only includes one license (but the prices have dropped from VE Pro 6 to 7).

Just looked it up. It is clearly stated on the FAQ page of VE Pro, that the DAW computer does not require a license (edit: as long as you don't want to run a server on this machine too).
OK. I wish I had known that before I bough another license for a third slave...!

They used to give you three licenses with a single purchase. I ran a master + two slaves that way for years. But I also ran the server on the master, so I was using a total of three servers. But they were all covered under one license.

So I gather that if I do the upgrade I now need to buy three licenses...! That's a pain.

rgames

A great deal for sure!

A couple of questions:
If I upgrade to 7, will this remove my licences for 6?

Also, will a license for 7 allow me to download and open 6 if I wanted to revert back?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Yes, you can openand use VEP6 with an VEP7 license, but make a backup copy of your project. Projects saved with VEP7 can't be opened with VEP6.

So I gather that if I do the upgrade I now need to buy three licenses...!
Yes, but the additional licenses are reduced and you can buy as many of them as you need at a reduced price. And if you have VEP6 with the 3 licenses you will get the 2nd and 3rd upgrade license even further reduced.

@Ben are you able to confirm if slave computers require the purchase of additional licenses? If not, then this is a buy in a heartbeat. I'm still on VEP 5 and have a master and three slaves, so buying a "first license" and then having to buy 3x "additional licenses" becomes relatively cost prohibitive.

... Nevermind, I see this was just answered above ... Popular question :)

Reactions: Ben
Anyone know whether there's a big benefit to 7 vs. 6? Everything working here so...
You will get faster loading times and saving times over the network, some great sounding FX included form the Vienna Suite Pro plugin suite, improved automation workflow making automation super easy, AU support up to 48 MIDI ports, VST3 now supports program changes, new FX and automation parameter search feature in the popups, new plugin manager, Vertical Instance list option, Channels can be copied and pasted (Ctr-c / ctr-v), Disabled Instances using less CPU ...

We have updated the manual for VEP7 today, so it should be easier to find the information you are looking for: https://www.vsl.info/en/manuals/vep7/welcome

Top Bottom