What's new

VEP7 Special Offer

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.
For know I stay on Cubase; can't complain about performance on windows ;)

I’m curious, having to go from VEPro 6 (with 3 licences) to VEPro 7 with 1 license, are we going to have to pay for all additional licences AGAIN when VEPro 8 comes out?
I bought two VEPro 7 licenses yesterday. How will this work for VEPro 8 (whenever that inevitably comes out)? Thanks.

Hi, I am still on v5, I am tempted by the deal, just wondering if there is any performance boost between v5 and v7? I mean in terms of CPU/Memory/Speed?

On the other hand cubase couldn’t even perform the test without vepro. Cubase Mac performance has been quite bad,but they improved it after I did that testing.
I don't remember if you included Dorico in the comparison, but I can't use D3.5 with external libraries without using VEPRO (7). The fan of my Mac mini start to run loud, and the CPU goes insanely high. With the sounds hosted on VEPRO, I would say that the CPU load is low, even if a bit higher than with Logic (10.4.8).

Dorico should use the same audio engine as Cubase, so I guess they give similar results.

Paolo

I did not include dorico but I would not expect any notational to compare well against any daw in this regard. They stand to benefit a lot from using vepro in several ways, not just performance

At @52 secs. of the new VEPro7 walkthrough posted by Ben above, the graphic displays that VST/VST3 VIs can be loaded into VEPro 7 (while the accompanying narration simply states VST plugins). What is the status of loading VST3 VI plugins into VEPRO7?

That’s very incorrect. I did a big thread about this a year or two ago comparing all the daws on Mac with and without vepro. Logicpro without vepro was the best performer by a significant margin. That was while mixing a 100 track project and without live recording.

On the other hand cubase couldn’t even perform the test without vepro. Cubase Mac performance has been quite bad,but they improved it after I did that testing.

dp was second worst but cubase was quite a bit worse. They both benefitted from vepro in terms of performance. Studio one was very good also not as good as logicpro but impressive. Logicpro beat everyone with and without vepro but overall cpu utilization was slightly better without vepro.

live recording is an area where logicpro is often misused so if you don’t know what you are doing and you throw a lot of plugins into that live signal path while recording then it can all hit one core. Every time you hear someone complaining about cpu spikes in logicpro it’s nearly always because of that.

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

At @52 secs. of the new VEPro7 walkthrough posted by Ben above, the graphic displays that VST/VST3 VIs can be loaded into VEPro 7 (while the accompanying narration simply states VST plugins). What is the status of loading VST3 VI plugins into VEPRO7?
Sorry, VST3 hosting is still not available...

Quick question - I'm planning on using VEP7 with using a desktop as a master computer while hooking it up to a slave laptop. I intend to run my samples off of my laptop and work on my desktop, and while I know I only have to purchase one license with the setup I intend to use, what if I want to switch to just my master desktop and run the VEP7 server off of there, would I have to purchase an additional license then, or could I just remove the license off of the laptop and activate it on the desktop instead?

Thanks!

In this case you can just plug the elicenser into the master computer. The license is stored on the USB elicenser, no further activation required.

Quick question - I'm planning on using VEP7 with using a desktop as a master computer while hooking it up to a slave laptop. I intend to run my samples off of my laptop and work on my desktop, and while I know I only have to purchase one license with the setup I intend to use, what if I want to switch to just my master desktop and run the VEP7 server off of there, would I have to purchase an additional license then, or could I just remove the license off of the laptop and activate it on the desktop instead?

Thanks!
With the E-Licenser you can use it where ever you want, just switch the dongle to another computer.

when you upgrade you have to pay for each license you want to upgrade. If you have three VePro6 licenses then when you upgrade to VePro7 you have to pay for three if you think you still need all three. The 2nd and 3rd are less expensive upgrades then the first.

You keep your VePro6 license....but you won't really be able to use it once you install VePro7.

Ben, if I upgrade to VEPro7, will my three VEPro 6 licenses vanish?
No, you can still use VEP6, but keep in mind that you can't mix VEP6 and VEP7 together, so if you use more then just license you should upgrade these as well (the additional upgrades cost € 45).
And yes, like Dewdman said, you can only have VEP6 or VEP7 installed on a machine at the same time.

No, you can still use VEP6, but keep in mind that you can't mix VEP6 and VEP7 together, so if you use more then just license you should upgrade these as well (the additional upgrades cost € 45).
And yes, like Dewdman said, you can only have VEP6 or VEP7 installed on a machine at the same time.

Thanks Ben, sold!

• Love
Reactions: Ben
Top Bottom