What's new

VEP useful for only one computer?

I second Jay's yes. There are many advantages, but probably the most significant one is that VEP allows you to keep your instruments/template loaded when switching projects. If you are using a template it's a big time saver not having to reload it for every project.

yeah definately. Not having to reload per project is great. The biggest one for me though is VEP is much better than logic at distributing load for parallel processing on your CPU

It is, yes. It allows for fast projects loading/saving/switching and you can control enabling/disabling VST instrument instances using CCs.

It is, yes. It allows for fast projects loading/saving/switching and you can control enabling/disabling VST instrument instances using CCs.

If you have ideas of why CCs doesn't work on my setup, I would be glad to hear a solution! :D

Yes on the op. And I have a similar issue on the enable/disable so I will ask. I can disable an instance using the CC but I can't enable it back up.

Yes on the op. And I have a similar issue on the enable/disable so I will ask. I can disable an instance using the CC but I can't enable it back up.

Ha! A video on this is on the way. Just trying to find peace and quiet in the middle of 6 quarantined kids. Will post here when done!

Ha! A video on this is on the way. Just trying to find peace and quiet in the middle of 6 quarantined kids. Will post here when done!
Great, that's very nice of you. Also I have 1 kid and I can't even imagine how it would be with 6...

Bonjour Christian :)

I'd balance answers :
- YES if you are relying on templates, if you switch projects often, if you need a higher productivity, if you're using several DAWs, if you want to optimize memory usage / CPU usage

- LESS needed if you're more on the hobbyist side, if every project needs a different orchestration, if you have plenty of quick RAM / quick SSD, if you don't want 2 products (needing settings on both sides)

I was just wondering this the other day too! I'm using Logic Pro X ... definitely worth it? I purge samples in Kontakt and freeze tracks all the time but I'm looking to get even more out of my system. The comments in this thread certainly seem promising!

Yes, Even on one computer:
- With VEP, your DAW project will save much faster.
- You will be able to switch between projects that share the same instruments without re-loading each time.
- Better manage your machine resources. VEP will carry most of the CPU and Memory weight and make your DAW run smoother.

However VEP has great ups but also has great downs, VEP will complicate your workflow too much, I find it better for big projects that require consistency of instruments, for me personally 80% of the time I don't use it and go with instrument tracks instead.
my suggestion if the previous points don't matter much to you, you may find work easier without VEP.

Top Bottom