What's new

VEP MULTI Instance V2 (Released) ::: 128 Kontakts with 8192 Channels per VEP Instance

A.G

Hi All,

We are proud to announce the new VEP Multi Instance v2 major update.

Product Overview

VEP MULTI Instance allows you to load up to 128 Kontakt instruments per VEP Instance and to have a direct access to all Kontakt ABCD Ports (64 MIDI Channels) directly from a single track in your DAW.
The system offers up to 1024 Kontakt MIDI Channels per VEP Instance without VST3 or AU3 (via VEP Port 1) and up to 8192 channels powered by VST3 or AU3 (via VEP Ports 1 to 8).
VEP MULTI saves a lot of Kontakt instances usage (1:4), as well as CPU & GPU resources.

What’s new in VEPM v2

VEP MEGA Instance Templates
• Up to 8 VEP Ports per VEP Instance.
• 128 Kontakts per VEP Instance.
• 8192 Kontakt MIDI Channels (ABCD) per VEP Instance.

Cubase VST3 & Logic AU3 Generic and Orchestral Templates

• 8 folder tracks with 128 MIDI tracks per folder track (Cubase/Logic). Each folder track is organized into 8 colored sections of 16 MIDI tracks, pre-assigned to VEP Ports 1 to 8.
• The VEP Server Orchestral projects are included in the pack.
• The Logic templates are built by using environment Multi Timbral Instruments so the Solo, Mute, Volume and Pan track parameters are unlocked.

Lemur Remote Workstation
• 64 Articulation switching buttons with default names matching the starting VEPM Cubase & Logic Articulation maps. The buttons MIDI output definition can be changed globally to Note (KS); Key Pressure; Control Change and Program Change.
• 10 Control Change faders plus a X/Y Pad with quick CC# assignments which can be set directly in the iOS device.
• Vertical zoom of the Control Change Faders.
• Selective Copy/Paste of the mixer Fader Values, Labels and CC# assignments from one interface preset to another.

TouchOSC Remote Workstation
• 25 User interface pages.
• 64 Articulation switching buttons with default names matching the starting VEPM Cubase & Logic Articulation maps.
• 9 Control Change faders, a X/Y Pad, a Volume and a Pan user interface parameters.

Here is a complete Video about the new features, templates and tools included in the VEP Multi Instance v2.

Here is the main product Video (optional).

Product price: €65

Note: VEPM v2 is a free update for all AG customers who own v1.

Best,
AG Team

Last edited:
Anybody here that can share real-world experience with this? Looks like you would have to do your mixing within VEPro...?

Hi, you can route audio buss from VEpro to cubase (I think is possible with every DAW) and mix everithing on your DAW, you can find tutorials explaning that. vep multi instance is a sript for Kontakt I tried to load the script from the v1 on cubase rack and it worked, however you eventually losse many benefits ! and I cant confirm you will find all features when you do that, so the best thing is to contact the developper and se if if the script fulfill your needs!

I purchased this and I am setting up a new 1000 track template at lightning speed. At first it looked complicated, but after watching the video a few times, and with some help from Ivan, things turn out to be rather easy. Everything works pretty much turn key, no special setup is needed. Just load of the the provided templates for Cubase (in my case) and VEP as a starting point and you are ready to go. It took me only an hour or so to fully understand how it works and building templates has suddenly become so much easier. The whole setup is so solid and flexible at the same time that it can handle any kind of library with ease. I even merged in non-kontakt libraries inside and outside VEP into the Cubase Template without breaking anything. So Nice that you can drag in tons of single articulation into one Kontakt instance and see them automatically being distibuted over multiple channels within that single instance. Which makes key switching so much easier. The Lemur template and provided expression maps are a great help too for switching while playing without inserting annoying notes in the key editor. I hardly ever post reviews but this is such great value for money. Believe me from my own non-endorsed personal experience, this is a huge time and resource saver. The most tedious manual work is re-naming the audio channels and expression maps slots in Cubase. My best purchase this year and a rather cheap one as well.

I purchased this and I am setting up a new 1000 track template at lightning speed. At first it looked complicated, but after watching the video a few times, and with some help from Ivan, things turn out to be rather easy. Everything works pretty much turn key, no special setup is needed. Just load of the the provided templates for Cubase (in my case) and VEP as a starting point and you are ready to go. It took me only an hour or so to fully understand how it works and building templates has suddenly become so much easier. The whole setup is so solid and flexible at the same time that it can handle any kind of library with ease. I even merged in non-kontakt libraries inside and outside VEP into the Cubase Template without breaking anything. So Nice that you can drag in tons of single articulation into one Kontakt instance and see them automatically being distibuted over multiple channels within that single instance. Which makes key switching so much easier. The Lemur template and provided expression maps are a great help too for switching while playing without inserting annoying notes in the key editor. I hardly ever post reviews but this is such great value for money. Believe me from my own non-endorsed personal experience, this is a huge time and resource saver. The most tedious manual work is re-naming the audio channels and expression maps slots in Cubase. My best purchase this year and a rather cheap one as well.
Thanks very much for sharing, I’m really intrigued by this....

I just added Miroslav Philharmonic to my Cubase template. They have some very nice articulations and the instruments are played with a lot of player humanity. I love it next to my more common libaries. Which makes me think to share my expression maps because it's hard to find them any where else. The instruments with a 1 are actually from the newer Philharmonic 2 and those with a 2 are from the original Philharmonic 1, Which I think sounds better in many cases. there are a few templates too for easy setup, so you don't have to enter the stuff that remains the same across instruments in a section.

Attachments

• Miroslav Philharmonic Expression maps.zip
    133 KB · Views: 3
The most tedious manual work is re-naming the audio channels and expression maps slots in Cubase. My best purchase this year and a rather cheap one as well.
There is no more tedious manual work in Cubase. Have a look at our brand new Art Pro X-DAW editor for Cubase & Logic. Now you can create Articulation Maps for seconds ;).

Does this work for Digital Performer?
It works with any DAW under Windows or OS X. VEP Multi Instance comes with PC and Mac installers and is 30%OFF until September, 15.

Last edited:
Top Bottom