VEP dragging MIDI loop issue

Discussion in 'Workflow Tips & DIYs' started by Bropecia, May 15, 2019.

1. Bropecia

Bropecia guy

Jul 12, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,

I just loaded up VEP after a nightmarish final episode on my series where I pushed my main rig too far. I survived it, but yeah VEP all the way from now on.

My question: how do you pull MIDI files manually on to your daw edit window, when using VEP on a separate host computer? For example, when the Kontakt plugs and interface were on the same computer as the DAW, and I liked a sample from Abbey drums or the like, I would just drag from the MIDI icon on the instrument directly to the spot/track in Protools I wanted it. Now that the VI's are on a separate rig, is there a solution to this? I suppose I could just add another instance of Kontakt to an instrument track and use it primarily for this purpose, but there's probably a more elegant solution.

thanks,

bropecia

2. OP
    OP
    Bropecia

Bropecia guy

Jul 12, 2018
    Los Angeles
    One thing I figured that works is to share screens and files -- then I drag the MIDI file onto the server desktop, and then import MIDI from the DAW computer which can see the VI HOST over network, into the clip bin. works, but maybe there's a faster method.