What's new

Venice Modern Strings - Intro offer ends in 24h

Wanted to hear more of the teaser strings but the visuals' audio was in the way.
Oh well, great visuals though. Looking forward to more teasers!

For me - owning multiple strings libraries is driven by the wide range of projects I am working on. For example, I am just starting reel 3 on a feature and ALREADY I have tapped into 5 different strg libraries to achieve what the client is asking for. Which is the reality for 'snapshot' recorded performances that are what we have. If we were standing in front of musicians in a live session - we could 'ask' for exactly what we need - BUT - with lower budget projects (non-live) it is what it is.

Having said that - at this point with so many 'options' - I am really only excited about anything that offers a differential advantage - over what I own - or in the rare case - something uniquely new and fresh.

Right, totally agree and in fact that last sentence "I am really only excited about anything that offers differential advantage" is exactly my point.

Also not exactly sure what’s “modern” about these strings. It just sounds like another string library to me (albeit a very nice sounding one!). Looking forward to seeing more about what it brings to the table that isn’t covered in the 8 million string libraries on the market.
They're modern compared to Rinascimento and Dominus :).

It's nice to hear that it's recorded in the same space as those two libraries.

Nice sound but, too much FX noise during that video. Distracting from what I imagine you want people to tune into, the samples...

I love the sound...really live and honest (couldn't find a better word to describe what I'm hearing) which alone justifies its welcoming amongst the many existing string libraries as "not another string library".

Very beautiful video !
When did you shoot without the crowd ? I guess early in winter morning, no ?...

Love this city so much.

Looking forward to hearing more of your library.

I'm really liking the lush vibrato of those players, the little I could discern from the trailer.
Looking forward to the walkthrough and revealing demos!
You better have tasty true gelato on this with col legno portamento.

Hello Everyone!

We are ironing all the details, polishing stuff here and there, meanwhile collecting beautiful demos from our demo makers, discovering Simone (our new employee) composer's skills, Olmo is doing some videos for a proper walkthrough and I'm trying to setup everything for a shiny release. This time we'll be using Pulse to download the library, to avoid our customers download the library through a long list of .rar files (there will be this option anyway).
I can share something that may interest you:

Venice-Modern-Strings-GUI.png
"

This library will be a "traditional" kind of core string library. The main stuff is there with some little things that you may not find elsewhere. We have an automated modulation system for all the sustained-like sounds, so you can create some custom articulations that can morph from a tremolo to a flautando, in an automated, controlled, or semi-random way. There will be arcs "a la" 8dio (can I cite other developers). Staccatissimo samples extracted from a real fast performance to perform ostinato-like stuff, time-streatchable staccatos (with Up-Down alternation and RRs), and there will be glissando, legato and bow-change legatos. Also rebowing on the same note. The main artwork, by the talented artist Sofia Bolognesi (https://www.artstation.com/sofiabolognesi) doesn't take space, since it's a panel that hides some custom features for each of the available articulations.
The idea was to create a pleasant to look GUI, with basic functionality, but let the user explore further the possibilities of the library with the "advanced" controls.

We finished the main editing phase last November, then we spent months playing the library and fixing the stuff that we thing that could be improved, and so on. There are like 120.000 samples in this library (54 gb compressed in NCW)!

The GUI itself is still subject to little additions, we may add some features before the release, but the main point is that we want it to be the best as we can.
The price won't be something unreasonable I think, something on the line of our most expensive libraries (which are not as expensive as the most expensive libraries of other developers).

Hello Everyone!

We are ironing all the details, polishing stuff here and there, meanwhile collecting beautiful demos from our demo makers, discovering Simone (our new employee) composer's skills, Olmo is doing some videos for a proper walkthrough and I'm trying to setup everything for a shiny release. This time we'll be using Pulse to download the library, to avoid our customers download the library through a long list of .rar files (there will be this option anyway).

"

This library will be a "traditional" kind of core string library. The main stuff is there with some little things that you may not find elsewhere. We have an automated modulation system for all the sustained-like sounds, so you can create some custom articulations that can morph from a tremolo to a flautando, in an automated, controlled, or semi-random way. There will be arcs "a la" 8dio (can I cite other developers). Staccatissimo samples extracted from a real fast performance to perform ostinato-like stuff, time-streatchable staccatos (with Up-Down alternation and RRs), and there will be glissando, legato and bow-change legatos. Also rebowing on the same note. The main artwork, by the talented artist Sofia Bolognesi (https://www.artstation.com/sofiabolognesi) doesn't take space, since it's a panel that hides some custom features for each of the available articulations.
The idea was to create a pleasant to look GUI, with basic functionality, but let the user explore further the possibilities of the library with the "advanced" controls.

We finished the main editing phase last November, then we spent months playing the library and fixing the stuff that we thing that could be improved, and so on. There are like 120.000 samples in this library (54 gb compressed in NCW)!

The GUI itself is still subject to little additions, we may add some features before the release, but the main point is that we want it to be the best as we can.
The price won't be something unreasonable I think, something on the line of our most expensive libraries (which are not as expensive as the most expensive libraries of other developers).
Looks fantastic, Paolo! I'm very much looking forward to the release and the inevitable walkthrough!

Hello Everyone!

"

Looks beautiful! Not just the artwork, which is stellar, but that lovely set of articulations, in a small warm room, is going to be such a great addition. Flautando and Sul Tasto in a chamber setting is just perfect, and I'm curious to hear Air, too! Do we have a release date yet? :)

I love the artwork, not sure if it's watercolor or coffee stains XD

based on the articulation list, you were playing around - this must have been a real labor of love

Looks like this has all the key features from the best string libraries out there right now.

Hopefully will sound great too... Excited..

How many dynamic layers and round robins pon average @paoling?

Beautiful interface. I got lost for a moment looking at Sofia's artwork before it dawned on me to look at the articulations. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

Sections are 8 5 5 5 3
We have up/down for the arcs and the staccato, 4 dynamic layers for legato, poly legato and sustain and the staccato. RRs vary for the staccato and staccatissimo we have a system with random RRs with more than 4/5 RRs x up/down so it may be 10 per note. (Every note in a certain dynamic area "picks" a random sample from the available RRs in that area).

We have some other ideas that I'd like to implement like that ability to change the speed for the arcs, a keyswitch to force up or down strokes, and so on..

edit: also the Arcs have 4 dynamic layers

Last edited:
Top Bottom