What's new

VE Pro 7 -- upgrade opinions from 6?

JohnG

Hi guys,

Been using VE Pro 6 and love it. With the sale about to expire at Vienna, is it time to update to version 7 from 6? Using Mojave on my Mac and Windows 10 on three satellite PCs.

When initially it was released I didn't see any great advantages for my setup, but time marches on and at some point (maybe already) Vienna will presumably stop updating 6. I am using VE Pro to run Kontakt, Play, Omnisphere, Zebra etc.; I rarely use the Vienna sample libraries any more, though I realise there is great content in there and sometimes it does the trick.

Question: Does anyone know, specifically, if v7 works on Mojave?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi John,

I don't use Mac/Mojave but want to throw in that I upgraded in the beginning of the year and really love it. Absolutely zero issues. I run everything you listed except Play (plus I run obviously many more than listed). It's rock stable for me but I am on Windows 10 Pro. It also works flawlessly on Server 2016 but that matters probably even less to you lol.

The additional coloring schemes and CPU utilization meters on each tab is really great. I also find for me, it saves/closes faster than 6 did. I really like the upgrade. I did build all my templates again from scratch although it does open my version 6 ones as well.

The additional coloring schemes and CPU utilization meters on each tab is really great. I also find for me, it saves/closes faster than 6 did. I really like the upgrade. I did build all my templates again from scratch although it does open my version 6 ones as well.

The improvements have been worth it to me. I'm very happy with everything about it.

**Leigh

I did test comparisons of vepro 6 and 7 on Sierra and Mojave. Vepro7 ran slower on Sierra then on Mojave. But vepro6 ran slower on Mojave then on Sierra. In other words vepro7 has various changes that are designed to take advantage of improvements in OS X, mainly effected my Metal. The difference was observed when the vepro GUI is open.

so simple answer, now that you’re on Mojave, vepro7 should perform at least as good as vepro6.

regarding the feature differences, search around the forum for comments. It has some nice things. I really like the AU3 support despite they consider it beta.

the biggest drawback for you will be they changed the license scheme so you need a separate paid license for each slave

I'm on Mojave and run a slave PC, with plugins like Play, kontakt, audio modeling, toontrack, Sine, Spitfire etc. No issue.

I really like its new UI and mixing function.

Hi guys,

Been using VE Pro 6 and love it. With the sale about to expire at Vienna, is it time to update to version 7 from 6? Using Mojave on my Mac and Windows 10 on three satellite PCs.

When initially it was released I didn't see any great advantages for my setup, but time marches on and at some point (maybe already) Vienna will presumably stop updating 6. I am using VE Pro to run Kontakt, Play, Omnisphere, Zebra etc.; I rarely use the Vienna sample libraries any more, though I realise there is great content in there and sometimes it does the trick.

Question: Does anyone know, specifically, if v7 works on Mojave?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Using VEPro 7 on Mojave with DP10 wonderfully and I highly recommend you switch from 6 which I did earlier this year!! I run Kontakt, Play, Omnisphere and more on an iMac.

Last edited:
the biggest drawback for you will be they changed the license scheme so you need a separate paid license for each slave
This was what I was going to say. They do give a big discount to your additional licenses. But you do need to buy them.

There were initially some issues with the MAS plugin, but that has all been sorted. I think you will be pleased with the update.

Vertical instance view, AU3 support (though I've moved to Cubase now), and MIDI automation of plugin disable are all some of my favorite features so far. I've also heard rave reviews of the version 7 plugins that are included, but haven't tried any yet myself.

Top Bottom