What's new

V.I Instrument database! What do you play?

Per Boysen:
- Chapman Stick (twelve stringed 36" scale Grand, 26,5" scale Stick Guitar).
- Electric Guitar (strat with floating whammy, telecaster).
- Lapsteel guitar (Dusenberg, the one with two levers that may sound like a pedal steel).
- Fretless Harp Guitar (6 str neck + 6 harp strings. Dual PUPs and outputs).
- Alto Traverse Flute.
- Tenor Sax-
- EWI.
- Ableton Push.
- Playable electronic live sound design for my instruments.

Guitar

Keyboards(a data entry device for the most part but I am facile with a bc and single lines, Chords still make me think after twenty years, Guitar=brain->music...Piano="crap,I suck at this!")

Hawaiian lap steel, uke,

I fool around with ethnic winds enough to get a flavor.

Clackamore

My name is Larry, I play Keyboards I have a bunch of different Synth modules and Samplers.
I have been sequencing since mid 80s and feel like I play a lot of different instruments
because when you play virtual Instruments you have to think like the real player would think or it does not sound real. I also am a member of "Virtual Instruments Addiction Anonymous" And I don't think VI is a good place for that or my bank account. That and I play a Virtual Sense of Humor if you notice from my posts.

I'm Richard - as you can see by my avatar I play the eek-o-phone, more commonly known as the trumpet. I also play the usual doubles - cornet and flugel. Mainly a jazz and commercial player.

I'm Richard - as you can see by my avatar I play the eek-o-phone, more commonly known as the trumpet. I also play the usual doubles - cornet and flugel. Mainly a jazz and commercial player.
Hello Richard nice to meet you. I hope to one day tour over in Australia.

I'm John, and I live in Little Rock, AR. I play just guitar, simple melodies and arpeggios. Fingerstyle and strums. Nothing fancy, just a bit in the intermediate range.

Joel Pierson
I am just now getting started learning to play the Synthophone which is a modified Alto saxophone wind controller . (Softwind Instruments) I also play concert flute and originally was a drummer and started building my chops again thiking it will help my overall musicianship. I'm pursuing Jazz.
I have a recording studio in the attic that I'm learning to use. Reaper, ToonTrack Drums, Pianos, EasyMix as well as Sample Modeling's "The Saxophones" Swam engine.
It's a great time to be alive!

Last edited:
Steven Wagenheim

I play Piano, Guitar and Drums. None particular well but good enough to do my recordings. More of a composer than a performer.

I play mainly guitar, but I also play the bass parts for my recordings. When the song needs a piano/synth part, I try to play it myself, if I can't...well...I program it and hope that no one notices. :D

Main Instruments: Trumpet (classical) Cornet (Brass Band), Teonro sax (jazz blues soul rock everything) then keyboards (A100, Roland 700NX) Jazz standards, a little bit of Bach.
Secondary instruments (some experience) trombone, flute, guitars.
Lacking in the violin camp

Hi folks, these are my woodwinds:
1976 Selmer Mark VI Soprano Sax
1979 Selmer Mark VII Alto Sax
1969 Selmer Mark VI Tenor Sax
2013 Barone Baritone Sax (low A)
2004 Yamaha Model 81 Piccolo
2005 Emerson sterling silver C Flute (open hole, low B)
2012 Gemeinhardt solid silver Alto Flute
1996 Emerson Bass Flute (sterling silver headjoint, low B)
2014 Buffet Eb Clarinet
1979 Buffet R13 Bb Clarinet
1968 LeBlanc Model 400 Bass Clarinet
1975 Fox Model 400 Oboe
1959 Cabart English Horn
2016 Yahama WX-5 Wind Synthesizer
Bb Tarogato (Timisoara, Romania)

Demo tracks are here: jvsax.com

Sage Baggott-

All kinds of latin percussion, mostly Cuban percussion (conga, bongo, timbales, etc) and drumset.

I'm also quite an experienced cajon player, having spent many years playing Flamenco music and some Afro-Peruvian music in the Bay Area.

Spent most of my youth and early adulthood in the classical world, so have lots of experience with (and, given enough notice, access to) most of the standard orchestral percussion (snares, gran cassa, crash cymbals, timpani, etc.).

Oh yeah, and I have access to a full orchestra, which has played and recorded with many musicians and composers in the Bay Area, in a variety of styles and settings:

https://www.awesomeorchestra.org/

but that last part might be for another thread...

Hi,

My name is Russell Szabados, I'm pretty new here, currently living in Las Vegas.

I play piano & synths (Roland JX-3P w/ PG-200 programmer, Korg DW-8000, Ensoniq TS-12), guitar (Les Paul & classical acoustic) and electric bass (P-bass, fretless, Fender Jazz). I have a lot of experience programming drums as well (Roland R-8 mk.II & R-5, Alexis SR-16 and Stylus RMX, Drumazon, Punch and Ultrabeat).

I'm also somewhat experienced with Chapman Stick, sitar, tabla, and various Latin percussions (guiro, bongos, maracas).

Top Bottom