UVI Falcon Mac OS x Windows

Phil81

Why can Falcon handle more complex granular calculations in real time on a Mac than on Windows? Is it a coding, environment or some other issue I'm unaware of?

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
I don't think OS is at fault, but take a look at underlying hardware. Either way Falcon doesn't support multicore so number of cores doesn't really matter much, it's the speed of the cores that really matters.

OP
P

Phil81

I don't think OS is at fault, but take a look at underlying hardware. Either way Falcon doesn't support multicore so number of cores doesn't really matter much, it's the speed of the cores that really matters.
I'm running a cheap MSI 390a pro mobo with an i9 9900k, but my macbook pro is doing a better job with Falcon. Maybe it's the mobo?

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Unsure, MSI usually does decent stuff. Maybe it's the power profile? Did you disable SpeedSTEP, core parking, and set CPU to always work at turbo speed across all cores?

OP
P

Phil81

Unsure, MSI usually does decent stuff. Maybe it's the power profile? Did you disable SpeedSTEP, core parking, and set CPU to always work at turbo speed across all cores?
Yes. to all.

It's not like I'm unsatisfied with Falcon's behaviour on the PC. It's just that some algorithms (like the Complex Granular one) underperform a bit on it vs on the mac.