What's new

Useful Creator Tools functions

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Last edited:
Hey everyone! Sorry for the confusion, now EvilDragon got the correct link on top and you can access.

Some background:

I am the QA engineer of the Kontakt platform and since I have joined I have of course often been playing around with our tools and slowly came up with a collection of functions that I then decided to try to clean up and prepare them in a re-usable manner for the community.

So this is not "official NI stuff" at this point, but it is presented to you with the blessing of everyone in the team.

Feel free to contribute by submiting your own code and functions, asking for functions to be implemented, suggesting fixes or anything really.

Also, we would love to know if you find these useful, how often you use them and if they make your Creator Tools LUA experience better.

- Also added some NCKC file examples. Feel free to contribute more of these...

"The control files (.nckc) are files that are created by exporting a single control or a panel container of controls. These files can then be imported in a later GUI Designer project, shared with collaborators or set the foundation for building custom UI libraries."

Hey all! An update to the repository!

https://github.com/Yaron-NI/Kontakt-Public/tree/master/Kontakt%20Mapping%20Editor%20-%20Lua%20Auto%20Mapper
Kontakt Mapping Editor - Lua Auto Mapper
This script will parse information from file names in order to fill a sample mapping.

Suppose we have a high number of samples that we want to map according to tokens we place in the sample name.

We can let the script know which token corresponds to which mapping parameter and then use that in order to map each sample.

This script is built to be highly generic and re-usable for many scenarios.

The first section contains user variables that can be set in order to adapt the script. It is possible to use various naming conventions by telling the script where each token located.

The second section declares a number of helper functions used in the script.

The third section looks at the file system and prepares tables containing the paths and the tokens.

The fourth section prepares the mapping itself.

The example samples use the following naming convention: sampleName_root_lowKey_highKey_lowVel_highVel_roundRobin_articulation_signalType e.g.: broken piano_r60_lk0_hk127_lv0_hv127_rr0_normal_close

Example Usage
  • Download the script folder from the repository
  • Launch Kontakt
  • Double click on the Kontakt rack to create a new NKI
  • Enter the NKI's edit mode
  • Launch Creator Tools
  • Navigate to the Lua tab in Creator Tools
  • Drag and drop the Lua script unto the Lua tool
  • Press play in the Lua tool
  • Click the arrow in Creator Tools to push to Kontakt
Adapt Scenario
  • Click the "Open in text editor" icon next to the play button in Creator Tools
  • Edit the USER VARIABLES section according to your scenario

I am the QA engineer of the Kontakt platform and since I have joined I have of course often been playing around with our tools and slowly came up with a collection of functions that I then decided to try to clean up and prepare them in a re-usable manner for the community.
So this is not "official NI stuff" at this point, but it is presented to you with the blessing of everyone in the team.

Hi there. the C T are obviously very powerful but somewhat opaque to non code save, humans. Is there any plan to create a set of strings for an entire workflow from importing, Normalising, pitch detection, to group creation etc?
Something that an old drunkard with no skills could perhaps slowly wrap his head around?
Maybe some YouTube Demos and scripts us luddites could attempt to come to grips with?

Hi there. the C T are obviously very powerful but somewhat opaque to non code save, humans. Is there any plan to create a set of strings for an entire workflow from importing, Normalising, pitch detection, to group creation etc?
Something that an old drunkard with no skills could perhaps slowly wrap his head around?
Maybe some YouTube Demos and scripts us luddites could attempt to come to grips with?

All valid. There are of course various plans and things.

Just to emphasise - this repository is something I do in (mostly) my free time to give something back to the community, so it is separate from any "official" development that goes on at NI for Kontakt and Creator Tools.

I dont want to start a new thread, so mods please remove if its not allowed here.

Is it worth upgrading to Kontakt 6 for creator tools. I have watched a few videos and read the manual and still not sure if you have to use lua or if you can still use ksp.

The copy paste is a grind.

Thanks

Creator Tools and Lua are just an additional way to map samples into an instrument.

There is no obligation to use it in any way, and the instrument itself is built with KSP, nothing changed in that regard.

Creator Tools and Lua are just an additional way to map samples into an instrument.

There is no obligation to use it in any way, and the instrument itself is built with KSP, nothing changed in that regard.
So I won't be able to write KSP code and sync and upload it to kontakt so I can not have to copy paste all the time?

I propose the original question is actually not the right one you should be asking yourself - aside from Creator Tools, Kontakt 6 by now has added, changed, fixed, improved so many things over Kontakt 5.

You should be asking yourself if the overall package is worth it for you, not focus only on a single feature/workflow

Top Bottom