What's new

Update/Upgrade Komplete 12 Ultimate

merlinhimself

Maybe Im wrong about this, but to me it seems ridiculous that if I upgrade from Komplete 8 - 12 for $200, then later want to upgrade to 12 Ultimate for 600 the total is $800 spent vs if I just upgraded to 12 Ultimate for $600 from Komplete 8. Kind of sucks, Native Instruments wasnt very helpful.

It's odd, but I totally get it; it motivates people to buy further into the ecosystem. I'm in a similar boat, but with Komplete 11. I wanted to upgrade Kontakt, but then realized that if I upgrade Kontakt, I may as well upgrade everything, and if I'm going to upgrade everything, I'll get by far the best bang for my buck by just upgrading to K12U.

It's annoying, and I'm just waiting for their next upgrade sale (hoping they do a flash sale on upgrades over the holidays, but willing to wait for next summer if I have to), but if you need to upgrade in a hurry, it's doubly irritating.

Maybe Im wrong about this, but to me it seems ridiculous that if I upgrade from Komplete 8 - 12 for $200, then later want to upgrade to 12 Ultimate for 600 the total is $800 spent vs if I just upgraded to 12 Ultimate for $600 from Komplete 8. Kind of sucks, Native Instruments wasnt very helpful.
Or... couldn't you upgrade to K12U early next summer for $300? :)

It's odd, but I totally get it; it motivates people to buy further into the ecosystem. I'm in a similar boat, but with Komplete 11. I wanted to upgrade Kontakt, but then realized that if I upgrade Kontakt, I may as well upgrade everything, and if I'm going to upgrade everything, I'll get by far the best bang for my buck by just upgrading to K12U.

It's annoying, and I'm just waiting for their next upgrade sale (hoping they do a flash sale on upgrades over the holidays, but willing to wait for next summer if I have to), but if you need to upgrade in a hurry, it's doubly irritating.
I would have upgraded to 12U back then if I had known this weird pricing. I was thinking it'd be discounted since the ultimate said the upgrade was from 2-11 back then. And now I need action strikes and a couple other things asap lol

I would have upgraded to 12U back then if I had known this weird pricing. I was thinking it'd be discounted since the ultimate said the upgrade was from 2-11 back then. And now I need action strikes and a couple other things asap lol
If you don't want to spring for the $600, you might want to try the used market. See if there's something up here or on KVR. NI provides free transfers so the prices can be good.

And then if you do upgrade next summer, you'd have single licenses for whatever you bought I think you could resell them. You should check that out, though. I don't know if they allow resales of resales.

Top Bottom