What's new

Up to 80% off all Soundtoys

If I buy the Decapitator now, what is the upgrade to full bundle price?

And if I buy 2 plugins say Decapitator & Echoboy does that help reduce the upgrade price or it remains unchanged?

Last edited:
If I buy the Decapitator now, what is the upgrade to full bundle price?

And if I buy 2 plugins say Decapitator & Echoboy does that help reduce the upgrade price or it remains unchanged?

While I don’t have any kind of accurate answer to your question I can tell you Soundtoys rewards customers handsomely that upgrade to the bundle that have previously purchased other Soundtoys plugins.This even includes mini plugins that they often sell inexpensively or even give away for free occasionally during the holidays.
From my experience if you buy 1 or 2 of these gems now and then upgrade to the bundle Black Friday or during the Holidays (whenever they have a sale) you will be very happy with the upgrade price 😬
FWIW imo Soundtoys is one of the friendliest companies in our little world when it comes to taking care of customers upgrading to their bundle.

Last edited:
There's a coupon code which brings the price down by another $100.
Tempted but can you control parameters directly via your DAW or controller?

@kgdrum Thanks, I bought Decap & Sie-Q, now I have 5 libs and my upgrade price is $265. I think I'll wait for the upgrade sale and then upgrade to full bundle.

@Technostica What is that code? Can you share please?
Does it apply to new purchases or upgrades too?

It appears that it's now only available to people that signed up for the extended 90 day trial; this has now closed.
The code has been replaced by 'DISCOUNT:UNDEFINED' in my cart.
This was the original code: 100-OFF-RACK-OR-BUNDLE-ENDS-MAY30.

@kgdrum Thanks, I bought Decap & Sie-Q, now I have 5 libs and my upgrade price is $265. I think I'll wait for the upgrade sale and then upgrade to full bundle.

fwiw If you see any special on the minis in the meantime($10 range) grab them as they will bring down the bundle upgrade more than the $10 cost.

My Trade-in cost has been lower than $99. in past. Now $99. for Effect Rack Upgrade. Already have all 'Little' libs. Probably pushing pennies to wait for next 'Trade-in' promo.

Is 8Dio marketing model spreading ? :eek:

Currently $99 for me with zero purchases on my account. The full collection is twice the price which I cannot justify so probably buy the rack.
Being able to save a rack preset that has all the info for the individual effects sounds useful.

@Technostica So it's still $99 for you for Effect Rack? I actually used the code and it went through, and after I prepaid with PayPal the code changed to not available to me. Oh well. I don't need the Little versions and already have Crystallizer. Effect Rack would be no different than an individual plugin CPU wise, correct? Just more efficient if you stack?

I'm going to guess that your price for the upgrade on Black Friday will be around $132. It's usually half what the price is at this time of year.

Of course, maybe Soundtoys 6 will be here by then. :)

@Technostica So it's still $99 for you for Effect Rack? I actually used the code and it went through, and after I prepaid with PayPal the code changed to not available to me. Oh well. I don't need the Little versions and already have Crystallizer. Effect Rack would be no different than an individual plugin CPU wise, correct? Just more efficient if you stack?

I imagine what's happened is they've noticed the code has leaked out into wider circulation than just the people who had signed up to try the free trial - and have discontinued it perhaps?

Is $99 a good price to pick up the Effect Rack?

Not much experience with Soundtoys so far except for the Little Plate which I think is extremely good.

Debating between buying because the deal is good vs. do I really need more effect plugins? :cautious:

Is $99 a good price to pick up the Effect Rack?

Not much experience with Soundtoys so far except for the Little Plate which I think is extremely good.

Debating between buying because the deal is good vs. do I really need more effect plugins? :cautious:

I think it's a great addition at that price (at least for me), was thoroughly impressed with it when playing around for hours during my free trial - and have just picked up Little Plate as well in addition.

Prior to picking up the effect rack, i'd been pretty much just been using the Reaper stock VSTs - suddenly feels like I have a much better selection to choose from.

The rack gives interesting options as you can move effects around quickly within a patch and save a preset for the whole rack.
At $99 I couldn't resist and just bought it as I don't have anything similar.
Worst case scenario I can sell it as they allow transfers.

I think it's a great addition at that price (at least for me), was thoroughly impressed with it when playing around for hours during my free trial - and have just picked up Little Plate as well in addition.

Prior to picking up the effect rack, i'd been pretty much just been using the Reaper stock VSTs - suddenly feels like I have a much better selection to choose from.

I have till May 30th to decide. Let's see. Hope some other no-brainer deal doesn't come around before that.

Is it really true that the code is now only available to those who tried the 30day demo? That seems like a horrible way to treat existing customers. I own almost 2/3 of the individual plugins, probably $200 all in. My upgrade price is $170. And for those whose only investment in the company was to enter the email for a free trial get it for $200, with a super special exclusive code. I mean wtf... Super disappointed in Soundtoys, and turned off to make any more purchases from them. Ok, code leaked out, keep it that way. Don’t piss off your existing customer base. Ok, rant over.

Is it really true that the code is now only available to those who tried the 30day demo? That seems like a horrible way to treat existing customers.

I don't know where you heard that the code is currently only working for people who used the free trial? I believe it's possibly been discontinued for everyone.

If I was in your position, I think it might be worth contacting Soundtoys directly yourself and ask them about the situation - as I don't think anyone in this forum knows for sure atm.

Last edited:
Strange. I own decapitator and crystallized. I can “upgrade” to the whole soundtoys 5 for $320.

Or as a new user buy sound toys 5 on sale for $299

what gives?

Top Bottom