What's new

Unwanted Sounds In Your Sample Libraries

98bpm

Tonight I was running through scales using Ivory II 7ft Grand from their Grand Pianos library when I decided to experiment with the sounds. I changed the Timbre setting to -6 and it gave the piano a really dark tone. I had my headphones on because its late and I live in a townhouse and didn't want to disturb my neighbors.

But as I was playing, I thought I heard a distant sound of my neighbor's dog barking through my headphones. I thought that maybe, I hadn't muted my studio monitors and freaked out the neighbor's dog, but the monitors were muted. I played some more and heard the barking again and realized that the release sample on the D4 key has a dog barking when the note is held for 1 second or longer! It can be avoided if the Timbre setting of -6 isn't used, but I though it was weird that if this piano was recorded in a studio, who would bring a dog to a recording session?

Have any of you noticed really out of place sounds that ended up in your sample libraries
that either made you laugh or spew obscenities?

erica-grace

lgpCD8X4_400x400.jpg

OP

98bpm

There is some coughing in one of Spitfire’s libraries. Think it is Chamber Strings.
I noticed a conversation between a producer and a musician in a Hollywood Orchestra library once. I should’ve noted it when I first found it cause I can’t find it anymore. Perhaps EW fixed it in one of their updates.

Steve_Karl

EW Gold - old Kompakt version - violins ...
some one closing an instrument case and also a chair leg scraping across a wood floor.
Not an issue anymore but funny none the less.

Ohhh ... I forgot ... the oboe ... hamster being lowered into an empty oil drum.!?!?!? :P :P :P

OP

98bpm

This is hilarious! Somebody should put together a track exclusively from all the artifacts captured in the sample libraries......then again SoundIron has libraries of "found sounds" already.

Top Bottom