What's new

Unorthodox ambient drum noises library - does it exist?

Wake

I'm talking pedal noise/chick, shell/rack hits, throne creaks, otherwise unorthodox sounds you just don't get with NI abbey road, XLN etc. Ambiences as well.

Need them for a current project and can't find any. My 8dio bassoon has breath and click samples included, Una Corda has a wealth of options... But has anyone made any available for a drum set?

Thank you VI control, looking forward to you saving my ass again.

DSmolken

I just edited and mapped rim and shell clicks on snare, kick and all toms over the weekend, hits on the tomholder and hi-hat shaft. Got snare buzz captured for all the toms, and a cymbal stack, too. The whole kit's not finished, doesn't have a GUI yet, but if you're need something quick, PM me - I can make a quick alpha version of what's working so far and send it your way.

Now I'm editing the snare with a 13" concert tom sitting on top of it, also got snare with tambourine and the snare block from a cajon on top. Pedal noises are recorded but not edited yet. Didn't do stuff like bowed cymbals or scrapes, though there are brush stirs and digs on the snare and floor tom. Stirs aren't mapped yet, though.

OP
W

Wake

DSmolken, you're a god. Glad to see somebody is thinking about this!

Estimated release date and price pls?

DSmolken

Probably March, and $39. It's somewhere over 4000 total samples now, so not huge huge.

And I didn't even really think about it, heh. I just had these huge, loud drums sitting in my house, and didn't want to annoy the neighbors by banging on them, but I couldn't resist the temptation to tap the rims a bit with a stick. Then I went "wait a minute, that would make pretty cool percussion, and Ramy Antoun does some of that clicking in all those A&F snare demos..."

Top Bottom